Tinting taillights

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is it legal?
There are many different levels. But the basic tint looks like factory blackened tail lights. The red appears deeper!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are many different levels. But the basic tint looks like factory blackened tail lights. The red appears deeper!
This would also darken the turn signals and reverse lights. May be worthwhile for us that did LED swap and feel it's too bright (though I personally think the brightness is fine).

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This would also darken the turn signals and reverse lights. May be worthwhile for us that did LED swap and feel it's too bright (though I personally think the brightness is fine).
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the LED brightness, my car is red, maybe a little bit of darkness on the rear lights would be an interesting option on a red car.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the LED brightness, my car is red, maybe a little bit of darkness on the rear lights would be an interesting option on a red car.
You got me thinking about how sweet it could look on mine as well. Dark accents look really good on my silver... Hmm..

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For those wondering what the regular tint would love ok like, the Nissan Rogue comes this way from factory and so does the new 3 series.
There are other cars with varying degrees of tail light factory tints as well and some more subtle than others.
The G70 Sports is more subtle than the no sport with the darkened tail lights.
My wife's Sorento is also darkened from factory and the red is nice and deep!

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm digging the "tint" option. Relatively subtle.. Looks like the film would protect the plastic on the taillights too, as that stuff scratches pretty easily.
They have clear ones for the front too if you were looking mainly for protection ...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.