Tire blowouts on g80 sport

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I won’t be buying the G80, was vehicle shopping this past week and have pretty much settled on a 2021 Palisades Calligraphy
That is one slick vehicle! It has most of the modern Genesis features like LKA, HUD, SCC, LFA, many others. Seems like the line between Hyundai and Genesis continues to gets blurrier.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That is one slick vehicle! It has most of the modern Genesis features like LKA, HUD, SCC, LFA, many others. Seems like the line between Hyundai and Genesis continues to gets blurrier.

Yes it has pretty much all the same tech as the new G80 but $16000 less in price for a larger more capable vehicle, plus I am always borrowing my brothers 4runner to tow stuff, with this I won’t need to do that.

HogDriver

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Don't the tires that blow out on G80 Sport the rear only
or do the front tires have issues too? Rear tires are much lower aspect ratio than front. I think this is the problem combine with POS OEM Continental tires.
All the blow outs I've experienced, all four, where front tires.

HogDriver

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I hear ya, and I've never even owned staggered tires. No desire to start, either. Maybe you could find a set of 18" OEM G80 wheels, that's what came on my base G80 and I'm glad to have them. They are 245/45-18's and it's a great ride.
Thanks for the feed back. I'm currently running 245's on the front and 275's on the back and recently spoke with my go to guy in the service department about replacing them with 18 inch 245's all around. Which brand of tires are you running and are you happy with them?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have the OEM set that comes on the base G80 model - 245/45-18 - Michelin Primacy MXM4's. They are quiet and grip well, but are not cheap. I will replace with same or whatever is popular when the time comes. I saw a guy on a Facebook G80 group selling a set of 2015 245/45-18 Genesis wheels and tires for $600. I assume they would fit. Ideally, look for a base G80 owner who's wanting to sell their OEM set.

HogDriver

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have the OEM set that comes on the base G80 model - 245/45-18 - Michelin Primacy MXM4's. They are quiet and grip well, but are not cheap. I will replace with same or whatever is popular when the time comes. I saw a guy on a Facebook G80 group selling a set of 2015 245/45-18 Genesis wheels and tires for $600. I assume they would fit. Ideally, look for a base G80 owner who's wanting to sell their OEM set.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!

ZEPHCRAFT3

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a 2020 G80 3.3T with the Continental tires. I have had 5 blowouts in the 5000 miles I've driven the car so far. In some of the other forums I see that others have had the same issue with these tires and most seem to recommend replacing with Michelin tires. But no one has followed up saying whether that solved the blowout issue of not. It seems every time you go over even a small pothole the tire blows. Usually the sidewall. None of the reviews rating the car so highly seem to address the tire issus. I have written to Genesis but have not received any response.

What I wanted to know is has anyone actually replaced the Conti tires with Michelin and do they solve the problem of constant blowouts. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
I replaced the tires on my 18 G80 sport with Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus all the way around. They look and drive great. I live in Colorado and they handle good in the snow too and have hit a few potholes because the roads in town suck and have had no issues with blowouts. They cost me $1000 installed with roadhazzard warranty.
If I drove in areas with potholes, I'd go to squared up 18" rims to get the taller cross section height, and more protection.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums