• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tire choices...and a winner

dbx

Registered Member
Had months of tread left on the original Potenzas, but preemptively bought a set of tires (I do this kind of thing, often). I'd read/researched (as always, with everything) everything I could about tire choices for the GC.

I'd narrowed it down to 3, but decided to go with Goodyear Eagle sport/All season replacements. Well, got a nail stuck in a rear tire and decided to go ahead and replace all four. The difference? Geeez.....better ride, low noise, don't feel every pebble in the road, turns at slow speeds easier and makes it feel like I just got new, special shocks! And yes, tightness in handling hasn't lost anything.

They win. I win. Cheapest price available was approx. $720 for 4, plus $48 for having them put on. These tires have twice the life of the OEM Bridgestones...and the performance is actually....hell, enhanced! The Potenzas were great, but for a 20-20k life.....not a great as these!

dbx

Registered Member
I have these on my E500. I agree with you. Its a very nice tire for the money.
Glad to hear it. The other two or three choices I'd narrowed it down to would probably have been fine, but these had slightly higher ratings across the board (all ratings of each category considered; tread wear, grip, noise, etc...).

And it's ironic, but in a "coincidental" article ("The top 10 products you don't want to skimp on") that I happened to read around the same time frame as my search for tires, mentioned tires in the top 3 spot. I'm 57 as of next week, and I've only paid more than $100 for a single tire once before, in my lifetime. I am confident that I made the right choice here. They're approx $140 each, but shipping added to the cost. The local tire store quoted me $888 for them, mounted. I ordered them myself and then, had that same place mount them for a total cost of $768. It hurt (I'm cheap) lol, but I feel great about it now.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums