Tire Pressure Monitor Removal

R.K.

Registered Member
Genesis G70
If I have to remove the tire pressure monitor to fit winter tires, how annoying is it going to be? Just a light? Or is the car going to beep at me every time I start it up?

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
If I have to remove the tire pressure monitor to fit winter tires, how annoying is it going to be? Just a light? Or is the car going to beep at me every time I start it up?
Might not be a problem the first time but the gaskets/o-rings may wear out faster taking them off and on and not to mention if they are seized, they may break.
Happened on my TL SH-AWD on 3 out of 4 and they had to be replaced when I started having slow leaks. Only 1 came off properly and needed the o-ring was replaced and re-installed.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis G70
I don't get why you would have to remove it. Are you talking about going without on your winter wheel/tire setup? If so I wouldn't do that as a blinking light or beeping or whatever isn't worth it. Just get an extra set.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis G70
OP - are you removing the TPMS from the stock rims for your winter tires? or are you removing the stock rims & tires to fit aftermarket rims & winter tires, and these new rims will not have TPMS?

if case #1, just leave the TPMS on the rim and you are set - just do the tire swap.

if case #2, i imagine you'll get a visual warning that can be bypassed - but you'll probably have to bypass this each time the warning is triggered. likely every time you drive more than a few blocks.

i drove for several summers without TPMS on my summer rims in my last car (Infiniti) and just had a warning light come on the dash. i ignored it and simply monitored my tire pressure as i had done for decades before TPMS came along. no issues, no concerns. some guys on the forums stuck electrical tape over where the light was, lol. the Infiniti/Nissan TPMS were quite pricey as i recall so more guys did this. i think the Genesis/Hyundai TPMS are relatively cheap so i'd just grab a spare set if it was me...

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis G70
TPMS for my winter tire $250 for the set including programming. Quite reasonable esp if you plan to keep the car for at least a few years. If not, may as well just get winter tires only and swap on factory wheels.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums