• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tire wear 2015 5.0 Genesis with continental tires

ThoughtfulOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The rear tires tend to go fast with the Continental tires on the 5.0. That is going to be the case with any vehicle with a lot of torque. Compounding the issue they cannot be rotated.

In your case, the front might be a suspension issue. I'm not sure though and it would be impossible to tell without looking at the vehicle. If your caster, toe, and camber are being thrown out of alignment, there might be deeper issues that would need a mechanic to take a good look at the suspension.

The Continental tires have given a lot of issues. Their soft sidewalls seem to be a lot softer than other manufacturers, resulting in more pothole damage, and they don't handle particularly well. I've been looking at replacing mine - was considering the Bridgestone RE980AS or the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate. What we need is a decent performance tire that handles reasonably well, is quiet, and can handle relatively well in the snow, in case you get snowfall before it is normal winter tire time (which is a happens from time to time in Canada for us Canadians and I would imagine happens in the Dakotas as well).

I think Hyundai should have chosen a different tire to be honest for this vehicle.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The rear tires tend to go fast with the Continental tires on the 5.0. That is going to be the case with any vehicle with a lot of torque. Compounding the issue they cannot be rotated.

In your case, the front might be a suspension issue. I'm not sure though and it would be impossible to tell without looking at the vehicle. If your caster, toe, and camber are being thrown out of alignment, there might be deeper issues that would need a mechanic to take a good look at the suspension.

The Continental tires have given a lot of issues. Their soft sidewalls seem to be a lot softer than other manufacturers, resulting in more pothole damage, and they don't handle particularly well. I've been looking at replacing mine - was considering the Bridgestone RE980AS or the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate. What we need is a decent performance tire that handles reasonably well, is quiet, and can handle relatively well in the snow, in case you get snowfall before it is normal winter tire time (which is a happens from time to time in Canada for us Canadians and I would imagine happens in the Dakotas as well).

I think Hyundai should have chosen a different tire to be honest for this vehicle.
I brought tire psi up to 40 psi on front and rear around 36 and everything appears to be good now. I am happy with the tire wear. Looks good

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums