Tires

rgarret2

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thinking that the OEM rear tires would last 20k+ miles, instead they lasted less than tires of higher performance cars...a whopping 10,500 miles. I drive the car less aggressively than I have others and do not enjoy putting down 30+ foot burnout strips on the street or strip. For being LRR tires, they're noisier than the ones I replaced them with...Potenza S04 Pole Position at all four corners. Another issue with the Conti's was hydroplaning...not an issue with the Potenzas, under reasonable speeds

The reviews on Tire Rack were accurate for the most part and not only are these quieter, but transform the handling to respectable levels. The squealing is gone and makes the Equus very enjoyable to drive and behold...allows for tossing around a bit. You won't end up with BMW or AMG handling, but at least you'll have more fun driving the big horse around.

I bought the tires from my local tire dealer for the same price as TR after tax+install. For owners in northern climates, get the RE970AS Pole Position-4 season, if you don't get dedicated snow tires.

brfatal

Been here awhile...
VA
RE970AS are decent, however they are 3-season tires, not 4. They shouldn't be used in the snow, and if you're gonna run dedicated winter tires then you might as well consider summer tires instead of UHP all-seasons.

T_E

Registered Member
The OEM Continentals stink. I have 13,000 miles on them and they are slightly "thumpy". Just had second road-force balance on them in 6000 miles. Dealer almost replaced them under warranty due problems with balancing them, but dismounted and remounted a the fronts and said "fixed". Will buy another brand when replacement needed.

jamesmic

RE970 as are better than average. They shouldn't be utilized as a part of the snow, and provided that you're set to run committed winter tires then you should just think about summer tires.

christophertowle

H-Town
Just to throw more gas on the fire here - my Conti's on the front are showing wear at 17k.

Dealer told me it was due to out of alignment.

When getting it aligned they guy noted the same thing and commented that my wear was one outer edge of tire which is indicative of under-inflation.

I have had normal maintenance at dealer and this was never mentioned. Just frustrated.

Currently putting on Turazana Serenity Plus as replacement on the fronts.

AdamFirst

My OEM Continentals lasted 32K. They provided a soft quiet ride, but didn't grip that well in the rain. I was satisfied with their performance.

I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from Costco. These tires are stiffer (less of a soft ride) and seem to grip exceptionally well. They also work very well in the rain.

phopson

New Braunfels, Texas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
My OEM Continentals lasted 32K. They provided a soft quiet ride, but didn't grip that well in the rain. I was satisfied with their performance.

I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from Costco. These tires are stiffer (less of a soft ride) and seem to grip exceptionally well. They also work very well in the rain.
Same here. Just had all four replaced at 34k. Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires are maybe a little more nosey, but grip better than the Conti's did. Nice to have the car driving nice again.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.