• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TPMS OBDII Relearn

rmod

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone been able to successfully complete the OBD Relearn procedure for TPMS after rotating the tires? If so which TPMS tool did you use?

I tried the Autel TPMS TS501 (says it supports G70 but failed to program the ECU)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you getting an error message after rotating them? I wouldn't think you'd have to recalibrate as long as you're keeping the exact same sensors - regardless of the positions.

rmod

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you getting an error message after rotating them? I wouldn't think you'd have to recalibrate as long as you're keeping the exact same sensors - regardless of the positions.
I was trying to get the ECU to relearn the new positions after the rotation.
The error message was actually on the Autel TPMS programming tool. The car on the other hand is fine although the position of the tires are mixed up.
I found the other option to be getting the ATEQ TPMS tool, but waaay too expensive for DIY.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does the G70 provide location of each tire with the pressure? My Infiniti did not provide a tire position so rotations were no big deal. My wife’s Buick had a on-off key sequence and partially empty each tire of pressure and refill and it then re-learned tire positions after rotation.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm... Perhaps we should consult the owner's manual for this...

And in reference to the above question - yes, the G70 shows the pressure of each tire in their corresponding spots.

larman2001

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just so I understand, the sensors / car must be reprogrammed every time my winter tires (on mags) are installed each winter, and same for my summers?
Can they not just be installed and self program being that both sets are mounted on their respective mags?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums