Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
How eager are you to get rid of the G70? And do you have an interest in going with a smaller vehicle? I ask because the next generation G80 should be arriving in the KDM later this year, and in the US next year.

md1801

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am thinking about trading in my 2015 genesis ultimate 3.8 awd for a g70. Has anyone done so and what are your thoughts? Likes/dislikes?
thanks
Mike
I did it with a 2016 Ultimate 3.8 AWD, and moved to a G70 2.0T Elite and have absolutely no regrets. You will notice that the G70 is far more playful, and despite the smaller engine, I've found it to be equally adept at pushing me into the back my seat as needed when accelerating in my urban environment. One thing I will say is that the user-facing technology in the infotainment system, and the Bluetooth system are much more updated than the 2016 Genesis----the Bluetooth connection for example is far faster than I was accustomed to in the old car. The G70 is about a foot shorter than the Genesis/G80, and I believe that has been taken mostly from the rear legroom as I still find the trunk space adequate and the front leg-room very comfortable as well.

G-332765

I did it with a 2016 Ultimate 3.8 AWD, and moved to a G70 2.0T Elite and have absolutely no regrets. You will notice that the G70 is far more playful, and despite the smaller engine, I've found it to be equally adept at pushing me into the back my seat as needed when accelerating in my urban environment. One thing I will say is that the user-facing technology in the infotainment system, and the Bluetooth system are much more updated than the 2016 Genesis----the Bluetooth connection for example is far faster than I was accustomed to in the old car. The G70 is about a foot shorter than the Genesis/G80, and I believe that has been taken mostly from the rear legroom as I still find the trunk space adequate and the front leg-room very comfortable as well.
Thanks for the input

Hawaii 5ooohhhh

Registered Member
Hawaii
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for posting this. Was wondering the same things about the G70

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am thinking about trading in my 2015 genesis ultimate 3.8 awd for a g70. Has anyone done so and what are your thoughts? Likes/dislikes?
thanks
Mike
I traded my 2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 for a 3,3T G70. They are completely two different cars. The G70 is smaller (way smaller) and faster (way faster). The G70 is more planted, nimble and fun to drive. The Genesis 3.8 is more comfortable with softer driving. Technology is almost the same but as expected is more updated and refined on the G70. You need to test drive for getting your own conclusions.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.