Trailer Hitch

luck11

2023 GV70 On Order - Sept 2022
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I spoke to the dealer today, about the Genesis hitch, she told me to take a good look at some photos of the hitch,
As a lot of customers were not happy with look of it.
This is old news. Recommend you go back and review the posts in this thread. All info you need to know is here.

BigOilerFan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
26 cm / 10.25 inches to the Inner surface of the 2" receiver, 25 cm / 9.8 inches to the outer surface as measured on a flat surface in my garage.
I’ve ordered a hitch with my GV70 but didn’t ask if it was a 2” or 4” receiver. I had seen a GV80 with 4” so assumed that’s what I would get. Anyone know what’s standard?

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I've been waiting since the GV70 was released for a hidden hitch, but I think it looks like we're out of luck. So I think the options are the Genesis hitch or drawtite. It looks like maybe the Genesis curves back in the corners and maybe is hidden under the frame a little more, is this true? It looks like the drawtite is a straight bar that would stick out more and look worse, that's the only reason I'm thinking of the Genesis model. Other question is that ugly wire harness mount, is it really out in the open and sticking way out? I wish they'd sell it without that mount since I don't need it anyway.

Dazn

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I've been waiting since the GV70 was released for a hidden hitch, but I think it looks like we're out of luck. So I think the options are the Genesis hitch or drawtite. It looks like maybe the Genesis curves back in the corners and maybe is hidden under the frame a little more, is this true? It looks like the drawtite is a straight bar that would stick out more and look worse, that's the only reason I'm thinking of the Genesis model. Other question is that ugly wire harness mount, is it really out in the open and sticking way out? I wish they'd sell it without that mount since I don't need it anyway.
Not sure the answer but if you live in Dallas area and interested in just the hitch without the wiring harness, let me know as I have that part available. It was removed from dealership once car arrived as I don’t need. Thanks

Attachments

• 906709F3-BAEA-411E-829A-EDE6A52EAF1A.jpeg
    906709F3-BAEA-411E-829A-EDE6A52EAF1A.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 173119A8-BCFF-48BE-BF25-438A17A5F4FA.jpeg
    173119A8-BCFF-48BE-BF25-438A17A5F4FA.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 13

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Not sure the answer but if you live in Dallas area and interested in just the hitch without the wiring harness, let me know as I have that part available. It was removed from dealership once car arrived as I don’t need. Thanks
I'm in Florida, but thanks

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BigOilerFan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Any chance you could measure the distance from the ground to the inner surface of the 2" receiver.

Thanks
Want to confirm that you got the 2" receiver (and not the 4"). I spoke with a GV80 owner the other day and he said Genesis installed his 4" receiver. When I asked my dealer what I ordered he didn't know which one it was. Thanks.

BigOilerFan

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I’ve ordered a hitch with my GV70 but didn’t ask if it was a 2” or 4” receiver. I had seen a GV80 with 4” so assumed that’s what I would get. Anyone know what’s standard?
I've done some research on how to measure receiver size and it's done on the inside tube and it's the 2" I'm looking for and the one that seems to be supplied in Canada. Not sure if there's even a 4" receiver.

akgolf

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
If anyone is interested, I'm in Atlanta (GA) area and having mine removed next week by the dealer, never used, originally installed by the dealer as well

Attachments

• trailer.JPG
    trailer.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 21