• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Transmission question

Superjeep59

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I'm pretty sure this is normal. When in comfort mode the transmission starts off in second gear unless the pedal is stuffed to the floor, if in sport mode it starts off in first gear no matter the amount of throttle input. I'm sure it's probably so it feels less jerky and less shifts in comfort mode

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I think snow mode does that, starts in 2nd gear. So you're asking others to confirm that your observation is standard behavior? I don't have that model so I can't compare, but I would think all modes except snow mode should start out in 1st gear.

Superjeep59

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
If in normal mode, and you pull the shifter over to manual shift it switches from 2 to 1 before you pull it back. I'm assuming if it wasn't supposed to start in 2nd I'd get a check engine light, or the car would be smart enough to alert me. I do notice in sport mode in traffic it seems like it's constantly shifting from 1st to 2nd. So I think normal mode is designed that way so it feels less jerky and shifty

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums