Trying Kumho Majesty 9 tires

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well, not yet to the 19,000 mile mark on my Genny and the oem Conti rear tires are down to the wear bars and the fronts are down to 4/32". Had to replace one front at 1000 miles do to a bubble in the side wall. Kumho has a newish tire in the segment for the G80 sport, the price is right for sure, and the load index is XL 98 frt and 100 rear as well the uniform tire rating is 560-AA-A. On Paper it exceeds the OEM tire in all specs and Tirerack gave it a favorable rating in testing. Scheduled to have the peeling wheels replaced as well as some more window moldings, so the dealer has ordered the tires, hoping for a more favorable experience with the new sneakers.
Any one else have any experience with the new Majesty 9 tires?

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

For $40 more, you can get these babies on your car, just in case you're on the fence. I've done quite a bit of snooping, and if you like a quiet, smooth riding tire, you won't be disappointed. Amazon will ship them to a local tire shop and you don't have to pay additional nonsense - just a straight fee per tire.
Good tires for sure, had a set on each of my last two cars before the Genny, just thought I'd try something else. One thing that helped my selection is that with the awd, I really don't need the extra blocky tread of the DWS. Secondly, the Kumho Majesty is also rated a tad higher for mileage wear. Kumho's ordered, thanks for the input.

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Awesome! I've had Kumhos before and have been pleased with their ride and wear. Now, I have such low annual mileage, my tires dry rot before they have treadwear issues.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well, had the new Kumo Majesty 9s on for about a 1,000 miles, one of the fronts had a bad vibration at 60+mph, after 3 tries to rebalance the dealer replaced it.
I can say that they are as quiet as the oem Conti's, they also ride just as well too even being a tad heavier/sturdier. I was out in heavy rain today and hydroplaning is a none issue. Winter is coming on quickly, I'll report on the snow drive soon.
All in all I think these are a real good value.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums