• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tuned - Shift points

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Over the last 2 months, I've debated on which tune to go with. I see pros and cons in them all, but it looks like I'm going with the JB4 due to the ease of install and uninstall (leased until I determine if it's good enough to buy). Through all the data logs of all the tuners, the turbos on our 3.3t just appear completely overworked with tunes. They are running out of breath at 4.5k-5.0k. With that said, has anyone with a tune been to the track yet to play with shift points to see if performance is improved by staying within the power bands? I don't have a logger and it's too hard to keep my eyes on the gauges when trying to make an early 5k rpm shift under load to see the upshift's rpm point. If anyone has any data, it would be greatly appreciated!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Over the last 2 months, I've debated on which tune to go with. I see pros and cons in them all, but it looks like I'm going with the JB4 due to the ease of install and uninstall (leased until I determine if it's good enough to buy). Through all the data logs of all the tuners, the turbos on our 3.3t just appear completely overworked with tunes. They are running out of breath at 4.5k-5.0k. With that said, has anyone with a tune been to the track yet to play with shift points to see if performance is improved by staying within the power bands? I don't have a logger and it's too hard to keep my eyes on the gauges when trying to make an early 5k rpm shift under load to see the upshift's rpm point. If anyone has any data, it would be greatly appreciated!
You need the fuel wires for higher rpm past Map2 for linear power delivery!

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You need the fuel wires for higher rpm past Map2 for linear power delivery!
I see that the fuel wires can help, but there is still a drop in hp and tq after 5.5k - 6.0k rpm. I know this is a tiny picture, but this illustrates the HP top end with a turbo upgrade. I just don't see myself performing this with a lease car, so I was wondering about playing with shift points. The dyno sheet on that Stinger makes me drool!:cool:

Attachments

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums