Turbo or supercharger ideas?

silberma

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The car engine is not built for higher compression ratios and the engine computer management system is set for a normally aspirated engines. The 3.8 engine has a lot going for it especially in the sport mode. The lesson here is don't fix it unless it is broke.
You can always buy the sport model and have your cake and eat it too without botching up your car.
Even if you attempt the modification what do you think will happen to the resale value of the car?

Roc

Been here awhile...
If you only need extra power a few times a week, then consider NOS2 . For under $600 you can get a fool proof system. 50-100 rwhp on demand. Will pass all emissions and can be hidden to appear stock. No ECU, etc. changes necessary. Can take off when desired. Ford boys used it for years. See Summit for models. There just isn't much stuff available for either the 3.8 or 5.0 that really delivers the HP. Think $1000s for either Supercharger or turbo if ever available.

1FstYota

Registered Member
I don't know how I feel about putting a single fogger system on this car, don't think it would distribute properly. Turbo would be great, but the computer running the show won't want to play nice, or the rods from what I hear. I would just get a 3.3T and call it good.

Roc

Been here awhile...
They seem to have had no problems in the latest Chevys and Fords. Single system works when you are not asking for the sky rwhp increases. Summit tech will help out if asked before you buy..

Roc

Been here awhile...
If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!! 504 HP w/75 new HP going directly to the rear wheels over your best original dyno results for one thing. Instantaneous power with no mods to ECU, injectors, etc. All of a sudden you are playing with the BIG Boys and their toys. This is for those that are seriously interested in going after the AMGs/Ms/ Chevys/ Ford Voodoos with a Sleeper.. Yet runs as a regular 5.0 when you don't pull the trigger. If not interested, but like to run, just do the few mods that are currently available, and be satisfied with slightly outrunning the lessor performance cars. If you are not running, skip over this.

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
If you only need extra power a few times a week, then consider NOS2 . For under $600 you can get a fool proof system. 50-100 rwhp on demand. Will pass all emissions and can be hidden to appear stock. No ECU, etc. changes necessary. Can take off when desired. Ford boys used it for years. See Summit for models. There just isn't much stuff available for either the 3.8 or 5.0 that really delivers the HP. Think $1000s for either Supercharger or turbo if ever available.
I’m interested In getting a NOS kit. Holley carries a NOS universal one but I have no idea if it works with the 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 L V8 throttle body. Any idea what “type” of throttle body the Genesis has?

DRY BIGSHOT 4-BARREL PROFESSIONAL KIT
Dry Bigshot Nitrous Kit For 4150 Type Throttle Body

Roc

Been here awhile...
Call Summit, they have techs that will guide you through. Told me no problem. Local Speed shops that have a good rep can assist, particularily those that deal with Fords, since Ford guys have been doing it for years.

carguy75

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
LOL. If I ever want to do some street racing on the side then I would consider putting a 50 or 75 shot of NOS in my 5.0.:)

I know some guys that pay up in match ups at my local drag track on test and tune Fridays.

Here is some good videos on how to install NOS on a modern engine. These guys make good engine mod test/install videos overseas.

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
All genesis pretty much have a electronic throttle body, which means you need to mount the trigger on the pedal somewhere so at WOT it triggers the NOS flow.

That kit might not even work you need the EFI kits which has the solenoid for fuel and nitrous, that kid looks like for carbureted motors.

EFI NOS Kit with Drive by wire
Yeah you are right. the kit I specifically copied and pasted is for a carbureted engine.

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
All genesis pretty much have a electronic throttle body, which means you need to mount the trigger on the pedal somewhere so at WOT it triggers the NOS flow.

That kit might not even work you need the EFI kits which has the solenoid for fuel and nitrous, that kid looks like for carbureted motors.

EFI NOS Kit with Drive by wire
the guys at Holley told me the same thing about trying to rig it to the pedal LOL. I don't know how I feel about that

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
LOL. If I ever want to do some street racing on the side then I would consider putting a 50 or 75 shot of NOS in my 5.0.:)

I know some guys that pay up in match ups at my local drag track on test and tune Fridays.

Here is some good videos on how to install NOS on a modern engine. These guys make good engine mod test/install videos overseas.
hopefully soon I can post a video of my own with the nitrous installed!!!

Roc

Been here awhile...
I believe the trigger makes the electrical connection to coordinate the opening/closeing of both fuel & NOS solenoids. It can be placed on your dash, shift lever, button under pedal, etc. See the above You Tube show. They had it on the shift lever.

1FstYota

Registered Member
I believe the trigger makes the electrical connection to coordinate the opening/closeing of both fuel & NOS solenoids. It can be placed on your dash, shift lever, button under pedal, etc. See the above You Tube show. They had it on the shift lever.
I know, just don't trust my coordination enough to go WOT and hold a button down lol.

Roc

Been here awhile...
I know, just don't trust my coordination enough to go WOT and hold a button down lol.
I believe you let up on the trigger before letting off the full throttle. Advance systems adders have sensors to automatically take care of this. Look, I'm not saying do it, just those that want more power have very few ( none) options that really work so far. NOS allows you to run it as you always do with the added knowledge that if pressed, can unleash another 50-75rwhp immediately. Drives normal otherwise. There's another you tube that uses a stock high mileage late Crown Vic that they deliberately tried to destroy with boost. At an added NOS 200rwhp dyno run only cracked the plastic manifold.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.