Turbo/supercharger

SwollO

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi genesis owners I made up my mind that I want to add more hp and torque my 2012 hyundai genesis sedan by purchasing a turbo or a supercharger kit I've been looking but have not had any luck. My questions to the community: Is there a turbo/supercharger kit for the 2012 hyundai genesis sedan that is a direct fit and if not is there a universal kit out there any where?

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
As you will probably find out soon enough, not a lot of aftermarket products for our Genesis cars.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
As of now only a tune for 15-20 rwhp max(with some idiosyncrasies), 2ndary cat deletes, K&N/intake mod, and if you want real 50-150rwhp maybe basic NOS kit.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
NOS is safe and has been available for 50 years. Jackasses that over load the systems to try to get max performance have problems they entirely own. Just like those using turbos/superchargers and go radical boosts without insuring engine can take it. Even the ECU mod can allow overrev to 7500 rpms, if desired. And some JA will probably try it, then like always, the failure is the equipment's fault , not their own.

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
R u serious or u just yanking my chain?
Yes unfortunately if you want more power you get alil bit more with the R-spec but other than that you need to buy a different car for more everything. Our cars weren’t made to be upgraded the way we want it to be so enjoy the 333hp get a magnaflow exhaust for a nice sound and upgrade the exterior to make it look fast sitting still!!CEDF904F-A937-457B-88C0-DCE6CF39EFC2.jpeg

12Rspec50

Genesis Model Type
Yes unfortunately if you want more power you get alil bit more with the R-spec but other than that you need to buy a different car for more everything. Our cars weren’t made to be upgraded the way we want it to be so enjoy the 333hp get a magnaflow exhaust for a nice sound and upgrade the exterior to make it look fast sitting still!!View attachment 18690
What are your wheel specs and are you static or air ride? I'm leaning more and more towards adding wheels and suspension to my R Spec.

SwollO

Genesis Model Type
Yes unfortunately if you want more power you get alil bit more with the R-spec but other than that you need to buy a different car for more everything. Our cars weren’t made to be upgraded the way we want it to be so enjoy the 333hp get a magnaflow exhaust for a nice sound and upgrade the exterior to make it look fast sitting still!!View attachment 18690
That sucks.. I was really looking forward to upgrade the engine and take it to the drag strip. Car looks nice r u using springs or coilovers?

SwollO

Genesis Model Type
245/40 20x9 in the front and 275/35 20x10 in the rear with no spacers also I’m on air...Airforce bags and struts with Airlift 3P management
I'm thinking about dropping mines. How does it ride?

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
I'm thinking about dropping mines. How does it ride?
I can only speak on Air Ride and it rides nice! Your riding on Air....You can position the struts to have a softer rider or harder ride and I’m right in the middle and the car still has that “floating feel” and I drive aggressive when needed

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.