Turn off Beeping

TerronTech

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello, I'm a new G70 owner. Is there a way to turn off the beeping sound when you lock/unlock the car. Its getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Went outside and checked mine to see if it beeps. It does, Never noticed it before. Heavy stress in your day?

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello, I'm a new G70 owner. Is there a way to turn off the beeping sound when you lock/unlock the car. Its getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Odd, it’s is a horn beep, or an electronic chirp?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Odd, it’s is a horn beep, or an electronic chirp?
lock and unlock is an electronic beep. been around since 2005 or so on most keyless cars.

should only beep when you use the fob or button on door to lock or unlock, the only other time it beeps is when you are near the trunk for the touchless open feature (if equipped) which can be disabled in the dash settings. or if you have the motor running and walk away from the car with the keys.

Last edited:

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
lock and unlock is an electronic beep. been around since 2005 or so on most keyless cars.

should only beep when you use the fob or button on door to lock or unlock, the only other time it beeps is when you are near the truck for the touchless open feature (if equipped) which can be disabled in the dash settings. or if you have the motor running and walk away from the car with the keys.
Thanks, I know. I’m attempting to get the OP to reply.

Qship

Registered Member
Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
In my 2010 you can turn the chirp on and off from within the infotainment settings under "Car" info>Settings. You can set the doors to auto lock by speed or in drive, auto unlock, turn the chirp on and off etc. It wasn't called chirp or beep or anything like that though. It was something along the lines of "lock sound" or something similar.

jfgenesis

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
nothing to do with the beep, but when you set the car settings to auto unlock when you shut the car off, it doesnt do all the doors and the trunk, it only does the driver door.. this is aggravating becasue 9 out of 10 times when i get out of car i am grabbing somethign out of the back or the trunk on my way into the house.. and have to go back, open up the driver door, hit unlock... any idea why they dont allow for auto unlocking all doors?

Qship

Registered Member
Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
nothing to do with the beep, but when you set the car settings to auto unlock when you shut the car off, it doesnt do all the doors and the trunk, it only does the driver door.. this is aggravating becasue 9 out of 10 times when i get out of car i am grabbing somethign out of the back or the trunk on my way into the house.. and have to go back, open up the driver door, hit unlock... any idea why they dont allow for auto unlocking all doors?
Mine does all doors.
All doors lock at 20 km/h. All doors unlock when put in park. I had to set it in the infotainment settings. I have a 2010 3.8 Tech package.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Check your setting. My G80 is set to unlock in Park and all doors unlock. Doubt yours would be different. OTOH, your present setup can be a good safety situation if in an area of concern.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
this is a setting within the dash options.

my auto unlocks all doors because I set it that way, by default it only does drivers door. All of this is in your manual.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums