Two big tech features missing?

John Baxter

Getting familiar with the group...
So genuine question.. why bother?

People are opening the little hatch and putting their phones in the area on the wireless charging mat... so the only thing you are saving is 1sec as you are simply not plugging the cable in... I don't get it, all that expense to save 1sec?

John Baxter

Fantastic write up man, thank you. I just put in an order for Android Auto Wireless as am a Samsung owner, but am going to try this Carlinkit you are suggesting.

For the navigation update, I am looking at the instructions but it isn't clear. Do I need to get the update on a USB stick after installing it on my PC? How does it actually get to the car itself? Thanks!
Download the app to your PC..... then start the app and download the Map Update to your PC... then plug in a USB stick and the app will copy the files on your PC to the USB stick.... go put the stick in the usb port in the front console of your car.... and update.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So genuine question.. why bother?

People are opening the little hatch and putting their phones in the area on the wireless charging mat... so the only thing you are saving is 1sec as you are nothing plugging the cable in... I don't get it, all that expense to save 1sec?
Sometimes I need to grab my phone and respond to a text message or something and the voxir activation isnt practical. Using a long cable makes it unsightly because it won't store away nice, and a short cable isn't long enough to comfortably text so I need to unplug.

Plus, moving the cable around is buggy. It will deactivate Android auto sometimes if you move the phone around with it plugged in. Sh!t, it's even buggy when it's plugged in and not moving, so it's even worse if you're fiddling around with it.

I can't wait to get a wireless solution.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's funny, Apple users don't get a digital key, and us Android users can't get wireless carplay equivalent, (only one company does Android Auto Wireless, they're backordered until October, and I can't find a single used one anywhere on earth, and I have tried!) such a bummer!

gocanesgo

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Download the app to your PC..... then start the app and download the Map Update to your PC... then plug in a USB stick and the app will copy the files on your PC to the USB stick.... go put the stick in the usb port in the front console of your car.... and update.
If your car has 2 USB ports, you must put the drive in the media port, not the charging port. On my G80, it’s the port on the left.

Also, remember to be patient. The progress indicator stays on 0% for a long time. The whole process took about 1 hour.

snesbit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I thought the updates were OTA (Over the Air) for the GV70

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
I just did the UPD8, spent over an hour sitting in my car in the sun with the engine running!!!

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Do you have to sit in the car? Can you just get out and leave it locked?
I didn’t want to take a chance after I got too deep into it. I had a bad experience with a Ford P/U a few years ago doing a SYNC3 update. I thought I had read that the engine needed to be running so after sitting there wondering if it was ever going to move off of 0% it finally moved to 100% then it started all over again with the install… Wouldn’t have been so bad but the sun was cooking me while at the same time The air conditioner was trying to freeze me… LOL!

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
I'd take a ride someplace. You won't have some functions like radio while you do.
I was tempted but the screen said some functions would not work during download like cameras, etc.??

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
How do you get the picture of the rear of the vehicle in the center of the dash? I see that in reviews but never see it on my dash. I've selected what I want to see there but never see that show up. Just curious..

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was tempted but the screen said some functions would not work during download like cameras, etc.??
I know. The radio won't work so you have to talk to your wife. We drove with no cameras for 50 years too. Mirrors still function though.

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
I know. The radio won't work so you have to talk to your wife. We drove with no cameras for 50 years too. Mirrors still function though.

I know how to drive W/O all the tech. I'm retired and have driven many vehicles in my life that a lot of young people today wouldn't even know how to start, shift a 3 on the Tree, or even how to operate the high beams... I was worried something would happen to upset the download, like maybe auto Stop/Start not shutting off or whatever. Yes, mirrors still function as long as they are unfolded!!!

Etex

Registered Member
How do you get the picture of the rear of the vehicle in the center of the dash? I see that in reviews but never see it on my dash. I've selected what I want to see there but never see that show up. Just curious..
If I understand your question to mean center of instrument cluster display (instead of data), then use the mode select button to toggle into Driver Assist mode.

2022-genesis-gv70-10-sha.jpg
Screenshot_20210720-175404.jpg

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Yes. That is what I meant. I'll try that. I don't think I have touched that button yet..

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey John,

So for some reason my laptop won't copy the downloaded files onto my USB stick from my hard disk drive. Can I just copy paste the entire NaU folder (including the folder) to the USB drive as is?

Basically when I go to hit copy, my USB drive won't show up in the drop down.

John Baxter

Hey John,

So for some reason my laptop won't copy the downloaded files onto my USB stick from my hard disk drive. Can I just copy paste the entire NaU folder (including the folder) to the USB drive as is?

Basically when I go to hit copy, my USB drive won't show up in the drop down.
Not entirely sure because I followed the rules, so can only vouch that they work.

Are you sure you formatted the USB Drive correctly? exfat?

I'm not sure why the laptop wont see the USB via the update app.

The app itself asks you if you want to make a usb, you put the usb in the pc and the app formats it and then copies the files.

USB stick to be 8GB or 16GB for best compatibility.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners