Two big tech features missing?

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not entirely sure because I followed the rules, so can only vouch that they work.

Are you sure you formatted the USB Drive correctly? exfat?

I'm not sure why the laptop wont see the USB via the update app.

The app itself asks you if you want to make a usb, you put the usb in the pc and the app formats it and then copies the files.

USB stick to be 8GB or 16GB for best compatibility.
I guess I missed the part where the app formats my USB stick. Thanks for this.

BrianAmira

Registered Member
If I understand your question to mean center of instrument cluster display (instead of data), then use the mode select button to toggle into Driver Assist mode.

View attachment 38129
View attachment 38131

Yes. That is what I meant. I'll try that. I don't think I have touched that button yet..

if you've never touched this button you are missing out on a wealth of info. This button combined with the roller switch under it can display a ton if info. When you get to the Add Content section, turn them all on and they will all show up in the view when using the roller button.

--Brian

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hawks4life

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
At least people should be happy that the new software update adds, Custom Ambient Lighting (y)
How custom is it, how many colors

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
At least people should be happy that the new software update adds, Custom Ambient Lighting (y)
what version do you show now? When I go to get updates it doesn't show anything newer than April which is what is already installed (at least on mine)

BrianAmira

Registered Member
If you zoom in it looks to be about 64 colors (on screen selection dependent upon how fat your fingers are) or use controller.

View attachment 38155
Can you tell us what version of the software you have installed, or better yet share a screen shot of the system info section? I am running the current software as of 3 weeks ago and I dont have a custom color option. Weird.

Etex

Registered Member
Can you tell us what version of the software you have installed, or better yet share a screen shot of the system info section? I am running the current software as of 3 weeks ago and I dont have a custom color option. Weird.
That was an online screenshot to demonstrate the custom color wheel referenced by John.

EDIT: Oops, not confirmed for a 3.5t sport Prestige after all. May only apply to non-sport models.

Last edited:

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
SORRY, I didn't check the custom color. I assumed (Yes, I know) it was working since I downloaded the update. I saw the pic up above and figured mine was working W/O checking. My Bad and I'm truly sorry for passing on bad info.

Unprocessed1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That was an online screenshot to demonstrate the custom color wheel referenced by John.

EDIT: Oops, not confirmed for a 3.5t sport Prestige after all. May only apply to non-sport models.
Would be a joke for Genesis to give this update only for the 2.5T models.

A bit confusing to follow the updates on here since details like country and the source of the info isn't included which could help clarify if this is country specific or an upcoming update.

Last edited:

Etex

Registered Member
Would be a joke for Genesis to give this update for the 2.5T models.

A bit confusing to follow the updates on here since details like country and the source of the info isn't included which could help clarify if this is country specific or an upcoming update.
John (from Australia) has a 2.5t standard (non sport) AWD with Luxury Package. (They get a lot more selection, but it comes at a hefty price)

Brochure seems to rule out Custom Color on Sports package.

Screenshot_20210721-154512.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-154605.jpg

Gv70_107(1).jpg

Unprocessed1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
John (from Australia) has a 2.5t standard (non sport) AWD with Luxury Package. (They get a lot more selection, but it comes at a hefty price)

Brochure seems to rule out Custom Color on Sports package.
That makes absolutely no sense, but then again in the US the top of the line 3.5T Sports Prestige actually has less ambient lighting than lower trims because of the carbon fiber accents.

John Baxter

Getting familiar with the group...
If you zoom in it looks to be about 64 colors (on screen selection dependent upon how fat your fingers are) or use controller.

EDIT: May only apply to non sport trim level.

View attachment 38155
Very interesting, yes Im in Australia and our software update is May… but US is April.

I assumed all GV70s software would be updated at the same time.

US seems to be receiving under specced cars overall compared to other markets, which is unfortunate.

Fingers crossed you get a new software update soon 🙏🏻

Dearpie

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Genesis not supporting IOS digital key yet. NFC card for wallet yes.
I thought the agreement with BMW is up this fall and the digital key will be available then.

Blackjackmark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Question. That device would need to be in the GV70 wireless charging compartment, which is small. How did you get it in there and still allow for the Wireless Charger to work?
I don’t have a GV70 so can’t comment on whether it would fit. Sorry!

snesbit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Thank you. I bought the Carlinkit 2 this morning and it was delivered today! I first removed my old Bluetooth connection from the phone and car. Then turned the car off and plugged the device it in. In a few minutes it showed me the Bluetooth connection on my phone and on the car screen. I connected from the phone, hit one button on the screen and voila, wireless CarPlay. I’m seeing no delay of consequence on car startup and the steering wheel controls seem just as responsive with changing channels etc. the tuning wheel on the center console also works responsively.

Next I pulled out some black Velcro and cut it to size and cleanly fit it in the compartment on the opposite side of where the wireless charger is.

The Device is much smaller than expected. It’s sad genesis can’t integrate wireless CarPlay. This shouldn’t be necessary but it’s a clean working solution that implements wireless CarPlay and permits use of the wireless charger at the same time.

Now on the the next project…. Thanks for the helping!!
Ok. After a week this may have been a big waste of money. My iPhone heats up terribly in the wireless charger with the carlinkit doing wirell CarPlay.

BrianAmira

Registered Member
Ok. After a week this may have been a big waste of money. My iPhone heats up terribly in the wireless charger with the carlinkit doing wirell CarPlay.
For some reason, all my family’s iPhones overheat in both my car’s wireless chargers. I simply don’t use them anymore. If I need to charge, I cable. There appears to be some incompatibility between iPhones and Hyundai/Genesis wireless charging pads.

Danielpaw

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Could you technically update the software from another country? Maybe a stupid question...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners