EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Could you technically update the software from another country? Maybe a stupid question...
Perhaps. Do you understand the other language? When you want to navigate home the Kremlin may pop up.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Vancouver WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
A mystery to me as to why anyone wants wireless car play? It might be OK with just music, but running GPS (Waze, Apple Maps or Google Maps) eats a lot of battery. And then there's wireless charging. Twist it here, twist it there and maybe you get a good charging signal. If I could figure out a way to pull out my G80 Sport's wireless charger, I would try to sell it on eBay.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
A mystery to me as to why anyone wants wireless car play? It might be OK with just music, but running GPS (Waze, Apple Maps or Google Maps) eats a lot of battery. And then there's wireless charging. Twist it here, twist it there and maybe you get a good charging signal. If I could figure out a way to pull out my G80 Sport's wireless charger, I would try to sell it on eBay.
I've used it maybe 3 times in four years. It is one of those things that if Genesis did not have it, many would complain. Its expected today. I used it on a long trip when I did not dig out the charger overnight at the motel.

Llama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
A lot of my driving is 20-30 minutes going somewhere I’ve been to before. I have a wireless CarPlay dongle that I use so I can keep my phone in my pocket. If I’m going longer distance I can use the wireless charger or dig my cable out of my glove box.

Darken

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
And can I add three more things to this?

Auto levelling and smart headlights like I have on my G70
The ability to turn off permanently the auto engine shut off
last but not least, the ability to permanently save the drive mode instead of defaulting to comfort all the time

These 3 would make my GV70 absolutely perfect!

BrianAmira

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
And can I add three more things to this?

Auto levelling and smart headlights like I have on my G70
last but not least, the ability to permanently save the drive mode instead of defaulting to comfort all the time

These 3 would make my GV70 absolutely perfect!
The GV70 will remember comfort or eco modes, but no others. It’s my understanding that this has to do government regulations. They are not allowed to default to a mode with less fuel efficiency than what the car was tested with for MPG ratings.

Darken

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That’s a shame. There goes the government telling us what we can and cannot do. It should an owner’s choice to have that on or off.

ottawa

Registered Member
Ottawa ON
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That’s a shame. There goes the government telling us what we can and cannot do. It should an owner’s choice to have that on or off.
Presumably (based on the previous answer) Genesis could make that possible by advertising fuel efficiency based on Sport mode.

MelGV

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Must be a US thing. In Australia it is off by default unless you hit the button. I have never turned it on.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Darken

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Would be nice to have the auto leveling auto following headlights like the ones I have in my G70.

wireless Apple carplay
and how about soft self closing doors? That would be sweet!

BillRush

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Just getting started here. Does the GV70 have wireless apple car play yet?

mythdoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just getting started here. Does the GV70 have wireless apple car play yet?
No

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The auto stop/start in the vehicle is annoying mostly because it shut's the motor down too quickly. If even pause for a second it goes off and I have to think there are parts unnecessarily wearing at some point. They should calibrate it to only turn off after 5 seconds like when at a stop light not a stop sign. And I find it hard to believe that it is set up differently ( in reverse) in different countries but hey some drive on the wrong side of the road so maybe not.

Fairburne

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't own a GV70 yet but I'm already thinking the one thing that will annoy me the most is the auto stop/start feature. Having to press the button every time I start the car will be annoying. I'll be more annoyed when I forget. Hopefully it will be habit forming very quickly and I won't even have to think about it. I also read in the GV80 forum where you can use a small piece of thin cardboard to keep the button depressed which will turn it off automatically each time the car is started. I don't think I will do that but its an option.

Etex

Registered Member
GV80 owners (and other brands) have had success disabling auto start/stop feature using the 'bread clip trick'.. May not be the most elegant of solutions, but a cut down and black colored piece of plastic may be barely noticable. Not sure if GV70 button is similar enough to GV80 to keep it depressed full time.

Screenshot_20210831-103330.jpg

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners