Two things my car needs.

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Not a lot to complain about in this car. What a joy to drive. But, you'd think with 17 speakers Hyundai could have come up with a decent bass speaker to put in it. I'd be surprised the bass goes much below 80hz. If it does, it rolls off drastically. My wife's MDX subwoofer KILLS compared to this car.

I know it's been touched on here before but I just thought I'd check and see if anyone had found a way to get some bottom end to match the rest of the sound system. Prefer to using the stock location (I know it's a pain), or I would even consider building a box to house maybe a single 12 to fit behind the rear seat. Anyone here upgraded?

Second is the remote start. I don't feel like paying the yearly subscription, so any recommendations on an aftermarket package?

Thanks.

kibber

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
It actually does play below 80Hz, but the rolloff is indeed dramatic (you can play something like this video through your phone to hear it). There's been a few threads here on this topic, e.g. Adding Bass

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
Several different options on adding subs are on this site.
Also, add-on remote starts are possible too, but of course you'll have an extra remote to drag around.

dfyffe

Hasn't posted much yet...
Altanta
The bass was definately low in my 2015 Ultimate, IMO its not a speaker problem, after I added an amp to the OEM sub speaker, my bass is now kicking, I use to turn up my bass to +10 and it still wasnt enough, now with the amp, my bass is set to -3. Now it sound like 17 speakers not 4. This it the simpliest and least expensive way to get more bass. Hyundai got stingy with the wattage on the sub output of the OEM amp.

See What did you do with your DH today?

Last edited:

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My concern would be adding more power is going to raise volume to all the bass (100hz and above), not just the very bottom, where it needs it the most. If the woofer can actually go down to... let's say 50-35 hz at a decent level, than maybe a low level eq (boost) before the amp would make sense.

Kon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The bass was definately low in my 2015 Ultimate, IMO its not a speaker problem, after I added an amp to the OEM sub speaker, my bass is now kicking, I use to turn up my bass to +10 and it still wasnt enough, now with the amp, my bass is set to -3. Now it sound like 17 speakers not 4. This it the simpliest and least expensive way to get more bass. Hyundai got stingy with the wattage on the sub output of the OEM amp.

See What did you do with your DH today?
Looks like you never followed up on that post when someone asked for details...

kibber

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My concern would be adding more power is going to raise volume to all the bass (100hz and above), not just the very bottom, where it needs it the most. If the woofer can actually go down to... let's say 50-35 hz at a decent level, than maybe a low level eq (boost) before the amp would make sense.
I believe someone tested the subwoofer crossover frequency in the 17-speaker system (Ultimate package) to be around 80Hz. Assuming the 14-speaker system is similar, adding an amp to the subwoofer would only boost those lower frequencies. Also, there's a few amps on Amazon that can take speaker-level input and offer adjustable bass boat in the 40-45Hz region (e.g. Rockford Fosgate R500X1D).

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Kibber,

Thanks for that info. I'm surprised about the amp crossover being at 80hz. It doesn't sound like there's much of anything coming out of that speaker below 50hz. I've got a test cd somewhere around here for my home subs that goes down to 19hz in like two db steps. If I can find it, I'll test it out and report back.

Kon,

Sorry, I thought that link was a reference back to some generic thread.

Kon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Kon,

Sorry, I thought that link was a reference back to some generic thread.
I mean dfyffe never followed up, he said he would after his vacation but never posted in that thread again.

dfyffe

Altanta
Looks like you never followed up on that post when someone asked for details...

I have not got round to doing this, because Im away on training, when I get back home, I will take it apart and take picture for the step by step detail. Sorry for the delay, look like I'll be out for at least a few more weeks.

dfyffe

Altanta
Negative, The Kicker 43CXA3001 300W Class D Mono Amplifier I added is connected between the the oem amp sub out and the sub speaker, the amp has a frequency and bass boost adjust, so with a lttle tuning, you can boost the frequency you like, plus I listen to 85% Reggae (not dancehall) and I tell you, even the techs at my service dealer, said my system sound better than even the system in the 2019 G90. I think a 150W amp would also do the trick, I paid $80 for the 300W Kicker.

Last edited:

armstsho2015

Mississippi
Genesis Model Type
Several different options on adding subs are on this site.
Also, add-on remote starts are possible too, but of course you'll have an extra remote to drag around.
Hello, I had one of these installed in my 2015 5.0 Ultimate:
Compustar - 2-Way Remote Start System
Model: CS4905S-KIT

Needs this harness too:
Compustar - Hardwire Installation Kit for RS1B-DC3 - Black

I found it on sale on Slickdeals-dot-net from BestBuy
back in Oct 2018. I think it appears on sale every 6 months or so with installation.

The Hyundai remote will now start the car, just push "lock" 3 times.
Once you're inside, just hit the brake pedal and the start button "at the same time" and
the car will keep running and the AV/climate control screen will light up.
I haven't tested the range though.

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The Compustar was actually the first system I looked into. The reason I kept looking was the Compustar does not have a 'T-harness' adapter. Much easier to install. This one's hard wired and since I've installed two remotes in the past I know how much work they can be. I don't mind paying for install but I don't trust many people to work on my gear. Too many bad experiences.

I was hoping here to find someone who may have found a unit that uses the 'T-harness' system. Most of the companies won't help you out if you are not a pro installer. I've called many and they just tell you to figure it out on your own. ADS owns Compustar, idata and many others (their websites all look the same) and there are so many options it can make your head swim.

Best Buy has the kit installed now for $300. What did you pay?

Thanks for posting.

armstsho2015

Mississippi
Genesis Model Type
The Compustar was actually the first system I looked into. The reason I kept looking was the Compustar does not have a 'T-harness' adapter. Much easier to install. This one's hard wired and since I've installed two remotes in the past I know how much work they can be. I don't mind paying for install but I don't trust many people to work on my gear. Too many bad experiences.

I was hoping here to find someone who may have found a unit that uses the 'T-harness' system. Most of the companies won't help you out if you are not a pro installer. I've called many and they just tell you to figure it out on your own. ADS owns Compustar, idata and many others (their websites all look the same) and there are so many options it can make your head swim.

Best Buy has the kit installed now for $300. What did you pay?

Thanks for posting.
$269.99 plus tax, they had it on sale in January for $240
Compustar 2-Way Remote Start System w/ Tilt Switch + Installation $240 + Free Store Pickup
I had to get this also:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compustar-hardwire-installation-kit-for-rs1b-dc3-black/6295360.p?skuId=6295360

I wish a T-harness was available.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.