Type of bulbs for rear reverse and turn signal

Dart22

KUWAIT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all
just Got my G70 sport 3.3t, it's a loaded car but it's a shame that the reverse and turn bulbs appear to be halogen
If any one knows what type of bulbs Genesis use on the G70 please share here so we could order an Led replacement bulbs
Thanks

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all
just Got my G70 sport 3.3t, it's a loaded car but it's a shame that the reverse and turn bulbs appear to be halogen
If any one knows what type of bulbs Genesis use on the G70 please share here so we could order an Led replacement bulbs
Thanks
Usually that info is on the Manual. At least has been there on the last 10 cars I've owned (Genesis included)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How about you open the trunk...then the plastic cover that gives you access to the bulbs. Pull it out...check the specs on it. That gives you all you need to then research replacement parts.

Dart22

KUWAIT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How about you open the trunk...then the plastic cover that gives you access to the bulbs. Pull it out...check the specs on it. That gives you all you need to then research replacement parts.
I already said our manual doesn't contain the bulb specs, thats in kuwait!

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all
Thanks
Halogen? Do you mean incandescent?

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question: does it even matter if the bulb is changed to LED if the casing is the same?

Won’t it look almost identical unless you change the entire light housing?

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I downloaded the Korean Owners Manual, it has the bulbs in section 8-4. The rear Turn lights are PY21W and the Reverse lights are W16W. All other light bulbs in the G70 are LED.

larrymg1

Registered Member
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

g60_corrado_91

Registered Member
IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Question: does it even matter if the bulb is changed to LED if the casing is the same?

Won’t it look almost identical unless you change the entire light housing?

No, it'll still be different. LEDs tend to be brighter, but more importantly, their response is almost immediate as far as turning on and off. With brake lights and especially turn signals, that's a huge advantage. And in theory, they'll last damn near forever. I say theoretically because there's always the potential failure or if water/moisture reaches the bulb.

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No, it'll still be different. LEDs tend to be brighter, but more importantly, their response is almost immediate as far as turning on and off. With brake lights and especially turn signals, that's a huge advantage. And in theory, they'll last damn near forever. I say theoretically because there's always the potential failure or if water/moisture reaches the bulb.

I guess I'm more looks oriented! If you can't see they're LEDs (i.e. there's no specific design that shows the bulb type, like the headlights), I'm not sure why I'd bother switching.

The brake lights are already LEDs.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess I'm more looks oriented! If you can't see they're LEDs (i.e. there's no specific design that shows the bulb type, like the headlights), I'm not sure why I'd bother switching.

The brake lights are already LEDs.

Well, you're certainly not going to see any difference just looking at the turn signal housing and reverse light housing. Like G60 said, the only reason to switch over to LEDs are for the exact reasons he mentioned, ie when the light is actually on.

I'm all for swapping to LED for all the lights. I actually don't understand why Genesis didn't do that in the first place.... Why have mostly LED lights, but then just have a couple be incandescent? Dumb.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Swapping the reverse lights shouldn't be a problem at all but turn lights will be because of the LED hyper flashing, resistors will be needed as in other cars.

Dart22

KUWAIT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally did the swap to LED, and i have to say the deference is BIG!!
used the following bulbs:
Reverse: LUYED 2 X 1550 Lumens Extremely Bright Error Free 921 912 W16W
Turn signal: LUYED (2 Premium Amber LED Turn Signals, Super Bright, 1 Pair, No Hyper Flash, Error Free, 7507 1156PY BAU15S
Items purchased from amazon!
And I'm happy to report no Errors or Issues, keep in mind that my car is NOT north American specs!

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally did the swap to LED, and i have to say the deference is BIG!!
used the following bulbs:
Reverse: LUYED 2 X 1550 Lumens Extremely Bright Error Free 921 912 W16W
Turn signal: LUYED (2 Premium Amber LED Turn Signals, Super Bright, 1 Pair, No Hyper Flash, Error Free, 7507 1156PY BAU15S
Items purchased from amazon!
And I'm happy to report no Errors or Issues, keep in mind that my car is NOT north American specs!
Good to know you get it done. Could you please post some pictures or video specially of the turn light?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners