Ultimate Package and Text Message Reading

Thread starter #1

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Anyone with the latest Ultimate DIS firmware know how to get text messages to read and display once the initial notification has disappeared from the Genesis display?

Thread starter #2

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Figured it out, so disregard this thread. Looks like if you press the phone button by the jog dial it leads to a screen where you can scroll over to your messages.

Thread starter #5

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1) First make sure your phone is connected to the Genesis via bluetooth
2) When new text messages come in, you should see a display that lasts a few seconds asking if you want to view (in park only) or read the text messages.
3) To read older text messages or if the notification disappears, hit the phone button by the jog dial, then scroll over to the message tab as kjc2050 shows in the above pst #3. Then you can scroll down and view them or have the car read them.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
view (in park only) or read the text messages
I am not sure what you mean here. Is it that you can only see text messages in Park? Are text message read outloud when you are driving?
How do you move from one message to the next while moving (if you can)?

Thanks for any clarification.

Thread starter #9

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I am not sure what you mean here. Is it that you can only see text messages in Park? Are text message read outloud when you are driving?
How do you move from one message to the next while moving (if you can)?

Thanks for any clarification.
Yes, while moving the display doesn't show the text to visually read. You can only have the genesis audibly read it while moving.

If you are in park, then the text displays on the screen.

In order to move from one text to another, you have to go to the phone menu, go to messages and there are preview shortened texts you can visually see and you have to select one and it will audibly read aloud to you.

The one thing I wish it did would be if it were like carplay and ask if you want to reply after the text is read aloud. It would be a bit quicker than asking genesis or Siri eyes free to text a certain person like you would if starting a new text.

Thread starter #14

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Can you send texts also outside of Siri?
I think so. There looks to be a genesis voice text command that's different than using Siri. I can only get it to come up when I'm using waze. I guess it's thinking the phone is in use and doesn't activate Siri. But otherwise Siri gets activated if my phone is connected via Bluetooth

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.