• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Ultra Racing - Front Strut Tower Bar - 2009-2014 Sedan

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
I recently ordered every available component from Ultra Racing. If you are not familiar with them, they are a Korean based suspension component company that specializes in sway bars, tie bars, and strut tower bars. They focus on solid one piece designs to eliminate the flexing that is common on the adjustable components.

I ordered all of my parts from William at http://www.buyultraracing.com/. The prices are inexpensive however, it is a bit costly to have them shipped. Ultra Racing does have a US office but, they are pretty useless. I exchanged several emails with their sales department back in June. The communications basically worked out where one sales rep stated they would email me a list of available parts, a second asked me if I had been responded to yet, and a third basically told me that Ultra Racing does not offer any parts for the American or Korean version. Obviously he had no idea what he is talking about since I have everything available in my garage waiting to be installed.

On with the fun stuff. I wanted to do a bit of a write up. It is clearly a misunderstanding that there are no options available for this car. There are and they are apparently a bit less known here in the states.

This front strut tower bar is pretty easy to install. In fact, you only need a 10mm socket to install it. As you can see I already have the R2C intake so my pictures really help illustrate installation from a somewhat modified perspective. I would assume that it clears the factory air box as well but, I can not verify that.

On the drivers side, you need to loosen the bolts that hold down the ECU after you remove the plastic protective cover. The bar sits flush on top of the two inner wheel wells in the engine bay and the ecu bracket bolts over the top. (doing it the other way causes hood clearance issues with the strut bar. The one caveat to this installation is that the ECU cover needs to be slightly modified to fit over the ECU. I used a scissors to trim the plastic. I still need to go back and clean that up a bit.

The only thing else I would like to point out. Two of the OEM bolts were not long enough. Ultra Racing supplied the needed hardware with the strut bar.

I feel like the overall ride quality and handling has improved. The car seems to be more stable in corners and there is less body roll when changing lanes. The products themselves are light weight and sturdy. I like the fact that they stamp each bar with a part number and a serial number.

Ron5.0

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Look good, website shows its for a 3.8. I'm guessing that why you had to cut off the cover. What about the other parts?
Mostly interested in the one under the exhaust middle of vehicle. And a bar that on the front sub frame. Not the sway bar, looks like a smaller piece

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
So the part number for the Genesis 3.8L sedan front strut bar is the same as the Equus 5.0L. I literally have everything for the sedan they make sitting in my garage, just no time to wrench on it. The mid- bar is pretty cool. It is a beefier version of the OEM piece that it replaces.

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
Absolutely, i planned on it. I'm hoping to take this Thursday off and install the rest and do my brembo swap. Sucks having a garage full of parts and zero time to do anything about it.

Ron5.0

Registered Member
Miami, FL
same color i have on my r2c intake.

im searching for the parts to do my brembo swap also.
especially here in miami and easy to find the calipers and rotors from a coupe, but jsut been wasting my money on other things lol.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
OKAY! I am super interested! How in the world were you able to get that nice bar but the US contact wont respond correctly? How long did it take you to get those parts in?
DUMB question: Your intake would not fit a 3.8 would it?

That is very nice. Please keep us updated.

Thanks
Ambush

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
Some updates:

I installed every component Ultra Racing offers yesterday. Each fit very well, was a pretty straight forward install and I have to admit the car rides amazing. The back end is a whole lot more rigid and stiff than it was. The entire car feels solid. I am very pleased with the investment. Sorry I forgot to snap a picture of the front lower bar but, I can tell you this, it mounts to the front subframe. Pretty easy install. You just need to remove the splash guard under the car.

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Very nice.

Guessing all of this will fit the 5.0?

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
Very nice.

Guessing all of this will fit the 5.0?
This was installed on a 2014 RSpec sedan, i would assume that these components will fit 2009-2014 sedans, 3.8, 4.6, and 5.0L.

I ordered everything from buyultraracing.com

The local US branch of Ultra Racing blows. In fact I emailed them today to let them know they gave me false information on their own products.

aliveoutofhabit

Registered Member
Sunnyvale, CA
Some updates:

I installed every component Ultra Racing offers yesterday. Each fit very well, was a pretty straight forward install and I have to admit the car rides amazing. The back end is a whole lot more rigid and stiff than it was. The entire car feels solid. I am very pleased with the investment. Sorry I forgot to snap a picture of the front lower bar but, I can tell you this, it mounts to the front subframe. Pretty easy install. You just need to remove the splash guard under the car.
That website you linked is terrible. However I was able to find everything your mentioned. Pricing is very reasonable!

Did you notice any increase in NVH? I'm very interested in this kit but I'm worried that it'll increase noise or ride-harshness and I'd rather avoid that.

Tampa_Gen_13

Registered Member
Tampa, FL
That website you linked is terrible. However I was able to find everything your mentioned. Pricing is very reasonable!

Did you notice any increase in NVH? I'm very interested in this kit but I'm worried that it'll increase noise or ride-harshness and I'd rather avoid that.
Well i never bragged about the website quality lol. I was just providing a reliable source for the part's.

Well the car is a lot stiffer in the ass end but, i wouldn't say it's harsher. No ride noise.

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
Some comments on Utra Racing Strut Bar:
1. It fits any and all first generation Genesis and Equus.
2. My opinion is that the white color is a bit too "rice". I painted mine black. It now looks oem.
3. Ultra Racing does not include any form of instruction. They cannot even spell "Equus" (Equss)
4. Stut bar comes with four mounting points using existing bolts/holes. Also comes with a couple of bolts, which are useless. Don't be satisfied with just four mounting points, all of which use aprox 10 mm bolts. Once the bar was firmly in place in provided mounting points, I drilled and installed 5/16" bolts. Access to thread nuts can be made vis-a-vie removing the plastic oblong access panels over the ft. suspension components. Once you have done this you are assured that the bar will not move or shift in bolt holes.
5.You can and should cut the oem plastic panels to fit over the new strut bar. It is not a big task. I used a hack saw.
6. I was not expecting a material improvement, but am pleased to note a definite improvement in chassis stiffness, etc.

GenesisChris

Hasn't posted much yet...
Just throwing out my experience here.. Ordered a upper strut bar from that buyultraracing.com website and have been waiting 3 weeks now and still hasn't shipped out.. I emailed them and they said they were off last week for Chinese New Year but would be back this past Monday.. All week and nothing.. Thinking about filing a claim with Paypal.. Anyone else order from them? How long did it take to get your parts?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums