Underside of G70

KBH

Registered Member
Are there photos of the underside of the G70 - both for the i4 and v6 powertrains?

Thanks.

Husky

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just took some underside pics of my new G70. I apologize for the fact that everything is covered in sand - it's typical February here in New Hampshire. (Maybe a bad way to introduce myself with this first post.)
I was pleased to see a true dual exhaust system, similar to my 335xi. However, I was a bit surprised and disappointed to find that it all appears to be steel, rather than stainless steel (according to my magnet). I understand some stainless can be magnetic. Just hope it lasts.
The rear suspension/sub-frame looks very familiar (sorry, no pic of that). I was intrigued by the dual lower front control arms. I also found what appears to be a vibration damper (?) of some sort bolted to the side of the front strut housings (shown in one of the photos). I haven't seen anything like this before.
After driving a few different BMW 3 series models for the last 12 years, and after reading all the G70 reviews and road tests, I thought I'd give it a try. Especially after being sorely disappointed with a number of aspects of my 2014 F30 335xi with M Sport package (notable a chassis apparently made from taffy, weak dampers and lots of interior squeaks and creaks). Still, I'm still getting used to driving something else, but enjoying it very much so far.

Dave

Husky

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry - meant to say that this is a 3.3T Design model, with about 1k miles on it so far (which makes the sand and salt all the harder to see - can't wait for Spring).

Dave

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Now we just need aftermarket options for the downpipes, aside from JunB.L's set. Even seeing just part of it, it looks like there is room for improvement - even if you kept 2 sets of cats (although high-flow would be preferable).

Thanks for posting pics!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.