Unhappy G80 Owner

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have the exact same problem as Packard 1956. I've had this problem with other cars before. Shimming up rear seat mount bolts always made the necessary difference ...... since I'm only 5'4".
Being a truck and auto mechanic for many years taught me many "unorthodox" fixes, and I've made it almost 72 years on this earth. I've only had my (2016) G2 G80 for six weeks; and a cushion has helped a lot; but the seat height mounting change is next on my "to-do" list. I love this car way too much to let a minor bit of work/mod to let it go. Good luck. I'll keep you posted.
Best wishes for your work, I hope the fix gets the seat where you need it... I am 74 and just got my car one month ago, my G80 is WONDERFUL, I love the car.. Best car I have ever owned.... jp

pa-g80-ownr

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yea, its programmed, and I don't like the seat moving back I must have short legs cause I feel like a lil kid in a high chair lolol. Anyways, its probably just me, but it always feel different. Pressing the memory confirms that the seat never moved.
On my G80 Sport there is an option in the settings that you turn off both the seat moving back and the steering wheel moving up out of the way when you exit the car. I have mine set so neither move.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
On my G80 Sport there is an option in the settings that you turn off both the seat moving back and the steering wheel moving up out of the way when you exit the car. I have mine set so neither move.
I got steering set to move back and out, seat not set for me its perfect or id have to tippy toe to get to the brake pedal.

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Best wishes for your work, I hope the fix gets the seat where you need it... I am 74 and just got my car one month ago, my G80 is WONDERFUL, I love the car.. Best car I have ever owned.... jp
I am 74 and my G80 is WONDERFUL, I totally LOVE the car...... best car I ever owned ....

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.