Unknown Icon on dash screen

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
While in my car today, I noticed this icon for the first time. It appears on all of the dash screens just to the right of the tach.

Moving the car did not change anything. Anyone know what it is?

Car icon.jpg

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
While in my car today, I noticed this icon for the first time. It appears on all of the dash screens just to the right of the tach.

View attachment 33209
There is a phone App, Virtual Guide, for the G series Genesis that I thought might provide the answer; but nope, no hints there. Do you have any after market addons on you Genesis? Maybe something to do with performance that may have added the goodie? Or, a question for your local Genesis salesman???

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

View attachment 33209
Looks like one of those pregnancy test things. What you been up to?

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
While I am waiting for Genesis Canada to reply - I found this - in the HEAD UP DISPLAY section of the owners manual - the icon is very similar, but without the R-Y-G symbol on top.... and on the dash!..... I didn't know the car could sense this stuff.

Road Signs.jpg

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
UPDATE: Genesis Canada just called me. We had a long conversation about it. The guy I worked with has been talking to Genesis techs.

However...................................................................... they don't know! They said that it does resemble the HUD icon for Road Signs - but how did it "sense" a road sign since I was in my Garage? And the HUD icon (see above) only has part of what I am seeing on my dash.

They asked me a lot of questions, but the mystery continues. They did state clearly that they have never seen this before! I guess I am special.

They will continue to investigate. I did volunteer that I would gladly allow them to swap my 2017 for a 2021, but I don't think that is going to happen. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I did tell them that I consider a "false alarm" warning to be somewhat serious.

They will continue to dig into it and promised to get back to me with either more questions or a better answer.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looks like a red light camera icon for Korea. They have a speed camera icon too.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
UPDATE: Just heard from Genesis Canada (they called).

1. It is a red light camera warning as we suspected.
2. It should NOT be in the instrument panel, but should be in the HUD
3. It is controlled by a menu choice: "Traffic Information". (I currently have Traffic information toggled off, so that I don't see the damn icon)

Next Steps

a. Find a red light camera to see if that triggers anything.
b. They are going to take a G80 and test this as much as they can
c. I may have to make a service appointment and report this - let the dealer try to fix it.

This is fun! :grinlaugh:

Don88

Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
UPDATE: Just heard from Genesis Canada (they called).

1. It is a red light camera warning as we suspected.
2. It should NOT be in the instrument panel, but should be in the HUD
3. It is controlled by a menu choice: "Traffic Information". (I currently have Traffic information toggled off, so that I don't see the damn icon)

Next Steps

a. Find a red light camera to see if that triggers anything.
b. They are going to take a G80 and test this as much as they can
c. I may have to make a service appointment and report this - let the dealer try to fix it.

This is fun! :grinlaugh:
"Menu choice" Where? How? Is this on the steering wheel? Or from the screen? I've got a '18 G80 Ultimate.
Danke!

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Apple and Microsoft pay rewards to people who spot glitches in their software. Maybe a box of Tim Horton donuts is in your future, Richard?

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
"Menu choice" Where? How? Is this on the steering wheel? Or from the screen? I've got a '18 G80 Ultimate.
Danke!

I found it by toggling through the instrument panel menus - it's a sub menu in there but I am sorry I don't remember exactly where

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Apple and Microsoft pay rewards to people who spot glitches in their software. Maybe a box of Tim Horton donuts is in your future, Richard?

Sigh.... I remember donuts ........... from a VERY long time ago.

I have told them that I will gladly accept a 2021 G80 in swap as compensation....... I will let you know when they respond.

Don88

Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I found it by toggling through the instrument panel menus - it's a sub menu in there but I am sorry I don't remember exactly where
Many thanks. Gave it a look per your help, found & set it. Adding more fun to the drive.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Many thanks. Gave it a look per your help, found & set it. Adding more fun to the drive.
Enjoy. Please let us know if it breaks! Remember, it is SUPPOSED to show an icon on the HUD (which I think is an error in the Owners Manual).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums