• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

UNLOCK Max Speed !!

smirn0ff

Registered Member
Bulgaria
Hi Gentlemen,

does someone can give a hint how we can unlock our maximum speed limit on the 2G Genesis sedans?
It seems that the maximum speed is controlled by the computer, because I have blasted several times to the sky and there is much much more room to go than those 240km/h for the 3.8 AWD

:) So anyone can help?

smirn0ff

Registered Member
Bulgaria
3.8 AWD is limited to the same speed as V8 5.0 - 150mph(240km/h)
I personally tried the top speed on one our highway :) it is 240km/h(150mph) - this was checked by GPS, various technical documentations, the car was showing 250km/h :) on its measurements as the HUD and speed-o-meter ;)

On that vehicle there is room for at least 270-280km/h no matter to the engine :) so there can be an unlock ... anyone?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

ACE350

Registered Member
The V6 as mentioned above will max out at 150mph pending you have not taken your car back for the tire swap. If I recall when they replace your old tires with the new michelins they will reduce the speed limiter from 150 mph to 130 mph due to the speed ratings of the michelins.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Gahaha

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
2015 genesis V6 3.8 lambda II will go over 160 mph stock and is capable of speed over 200mph
Just as a reference point for you in the future, a 640 hp CTS-V can barely do 200mph, and it is more than 100lbs lighter than the Genesis 3.8.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums