• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Upgrading Calipers and rotors question

Jerziboi

Hasn't posted much yet...
After reading a post here about upgrading the sedan with coupe brembo calipers I've decided to do mine. Ok so I brought the calipers, rotors and brake hose's for a coupe, my question is can I install the front one day then the rear say a week later? Or would I need to bleed all 4 calipers even if I only did the front? I only have 2 jack stands and thought I would install the front first

Thanks for any advise

66nexus

Been here awhile...
I'm not saying this is good advice *wink, but I did my Brembo fronts first (and bled the fronts only), and I wasn't able to do my rears until 2 years later (life and its hiccups). By then I bled all 4 corners. Again, not saying that's best practice, but that's what I did and my Brembos are still going strong after 3+ years.

Last edited:

Jerziboi

Hasn't posted much yet...
I'm not saying this is good advice *wink, but I did my Brembo fronts first (and bled the fronts only), and I wasn't able to do my rears until 2 years later (life and its hiccups). By then I bled all 4 corners. Again, not saying that's best practice, but that's what I did and my Brembos are still going strong after 3+ years.

My man!!! Thanks!!!

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Question , the brembo calipers from the coupe will fit my 2012 3.8 sedan with 18 inch wheels ?
if youre talking OEM 18 inch wheels yeah you will be fine th Big 4 pot MANDO brakes that come OEM are actually thicker than the brembos. if youre talking after maket there is no way of knowing with out shwwel specs liek offset and width

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums