• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

US 2.0 Manual Heads Up Display

cmfhsu

Can anybody confirm if the US manual transmission G70 comes with a HUD? It's a big deciding factor for me and my local dealers are as clueless as I am!

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can anybody confirm if the US manual transmission G70 comes with a HUD? It's a big deciding factor for me and my local dealers are as clueless as I am!
I don't think so. The 6MT lacks of a lot of goodies but the price is almost $7000 less than the 2.0T Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

cmfhsu

I called Genesis NA this morning and they stated the build sheet specified a HUD for the 2.0t manual. Wish I could get a screen shot of the build sheet or have some way to confirm before putting an order in to Korea.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I called Genesis NA this morning and they stated the build sheet specified a HUD for the 2.0t manual. Wish I could get a screen shot of the build sheet or have some way to confirm before putting an order in to Korea.
The dealer you are placing the order with should be able to get all that to you. All their dealer software is in place...so stuff like this should be confirm-able 100%.

steintm12

#SaveTheManuals
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm confident that the US 6MT does not have HUD. The feature breakdown in the 10/25 Pricing press release does not list it. The online configurator doesn't list it. And none of the youtube reviews of the US 6MT (Redline, Driven) mention it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when a 6MT finally pops up for sale, but I'm not counting on it.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As far as I know the U.S. 2.0T M/T does not have a HUD. If you see one in a review it's likely a Canadian car, which is equipped differently.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ another example of how frustrating it must be for US buyers of the 6MT who would be happy to pay a bit more for additional content. hopefully Genesis is listening. this isn't a base model Corolla attracting bargain-basement shoppers. most entry-level luxury buyers who also want 6MT are accustomed to getting nearly-loaded trims that haven't been stripped of too many luxury features.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

steintm12

#SaveTheManuals
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ another example of how frustrating it must be for US buyers of the 6MT who would be happy to pay a bit more for additional content. hopefully Genesis is listening. this isn't a base model Corolla attracting bargain-basement shoppers. most entry-level luxury buyers who also want 6MT are accustomed to getting nearly-loaded trims that haven't been stripped of too many luxury features.
I, personally, am pretty happy with how the US 6MT is equipped. It has all the performance features and a few of the convenience/luxury features that happen to be the most important to me (ventilated seats, Lexicon audio, aluminum interior trim, etc.), while sparing some less essential features (to me) to keep cost and weight down. It even adds a few nice to have features that the Canadian-spec 6MT doesn't have: power steering column, power passenger seat, lane keep assist, forward collision avoidance (maybe), and the aforementioned ventilated seats. The one thing I would have added to my ideal feature list would be the quilted nappa leather seating and door inserts.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

cmfhsu

I'd like to take this time to ask any US-based individuals interested in a 6MT with a HUD to please call Genesis of North America at (844) 340-9741 to express your feedback. I spoke with a really lovely rep who asked me to get the word out on Genesis forums where possible to strengthen the message.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You bring up an interesting scenario. Genesis is dropping the MT in Canada due to lack of interest. Will it even be available here next year? Would they sell more if they added in more luxury even at the cost of performance?
Having had a HUD on two cars over three years, I would not buy a car without it. In any case, let them know what you want.
Where did you hear that? The manual isn't going anywhere.

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just what was posted in another thread.
I responded there. The dealer who that person spoke to was 100% mistaken.

g-force70

Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have got HUD on my 2020 Manual in Canada. What sucks, I can’t use the maps and direction on HUD like the other 3.3 models. Can someone confirm if this could be equipped on the existing display?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums