US Android Auto System installed into 2016 Australian G80

BIGTOOFF

Sydney, Australia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It seems Hyundai Australia are behind the times with offering the Android Auto system upgrade for the Genesis G80 line up.

I have noticed Hyundai USA provides customers the option to directly download and install Android Auto system into their car. Along with detailed instructions and videos.

Just wanted to shout out to any Australian G80 owners who have attempted to install the US Android Auto system into their Australian delivered car. Did you run into any issues?

Input from any American friends is also appreciated.

willard

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Did you ever find out if this is possible?

I just bought a '15 here in QLD and I'd love to get Android Auto.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Did you ever find out if this is possible?

I just bought a '15 here in QLD and I'd love to get Android Auto.
If it is the Ultimate with 9.2 in. screen, no. If you have the 8" screen it is available in the US not sure elsewhere. You will have to pay for it.

willard

Genesis Model Type
If it is the Ultimate with 9.2 in. screen, no. If you have the 8" screen it is available in the US not sure elsewhere. You will have to pay for it.

Thanks mate. Yeah, it is the Ultimate.

That's a shame. I almost didn't get the Gen because it lacked AA and then I realised I shouldn't let one feature make me rule out an otherwise fabulous car!

Hi Im Adam

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks mate. Yeah, it is the Ultimate.

That's a shame. I almost didn't get the Gen because it lacked AA and then I realised I shouldn't let one feature make me rule out an otherwise fabulous car!
Hello,
I'm in western Australia and just brought a 2017 G80s it doesn't have AA and I brought a AA/carplay dongle but didn't have any luck. Is it possible to buy a sd card from the states for AA?
Thanks
Adam.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello,
I'm in western Australia and just brought a 2017 G80s it doesn't have AA and I brought a AA/carplay dongle but didn't have any luck. Is it possible to buy a sd card from the states for AA?
Thanks
Adam.
If you have the 9.2" screen, no, it is not available.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for responding, it is 9.2 screen
Do you think there will be a upgrade soon or is this something that can't be changed?
Its a hardware compatibility issue. No, there won't be one. Nor can you just drop in 2018 head unit. There is an extensive thread here from some months ago where people tried different things with no easy solution.

Hi Im Adam

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Its a hardware compatibility issue. No, there won't be one. Nor can you just drop in 2018 head unit. There is an extensive thread here from some months ago where people tried different things with no easy solution.
Thanks for letting me know

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thanks for letting me know
It is possible to swap a 2018 - on Ultimate (9.2" screen w/ jog dial) Head Unit (w/ CP & AA) - Everything fits/connects. However, you have to pair that with a later AMP as well. You have to add some wiring to the amp so the HU "sees" it correctly on the CAN bus, else you'll have no sound. KDM guys have been doing it for some time. The amps are pretty pricey as well.

There were some guys working on a software hack - the later software will boot on the older unit. Unfortunately, not being able to "spoof" the presence of the later amp seems to be most of the problem...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums