US Pricing released

mythdoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I understand your point, having experienced similar frustrations myself with other vehicles. What irks me about what Genesis has done here is that they stick the lower end (per the Korean site) suede into the top 3.5T Prestige trim, so in order to get what many consider to be the gorgeous quilted leather with contrasting trim you have to give up the HUD, Digital Dash, Acoustic rear glass, 2nd row climate, eLSD, sunshades and 21 inch wheels (which personally I don't care about the wheels, but some do). I really want that stuff. I really want the quilted leather, not cheesy 70's fake suede. THAT is the problem.

In my case, Genesis has forgone an extra 5K because I want the quilted leather a LOT - assuming after I look at it I can live with the dash instruments given there is no HUD.

You are not alone. I’ve only been a member of this site a few weeks and must have read about 25 complaints about the suede.
…..oh, wait. 23 of those were from you. 😝

Crider

Registered Member
The Q5 Sportback is decent looking. The regular Q5/SQ5 is homely. Spouse is downsizing her Q7 for the GV70 so we are not Audi haters. The Audi dealership experience is great, and I am not wild about dealing with the local Hyundai shop, but it is what it is.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I understand your point, having experienced similar frustrations myself with other vehicles. What irks me about what Genesis has done here is that they stick the lower end (per the Korean site) suede into the top 3.5T Prestige trim, so in order to get what many consider to be the gorgeous quilted leather with contrasting trim you have to give up the HUD, Digital Dash, Acoustic rear glass, 2nd row climate, eLSD, sunshades and 21 inch wheels (which personally I don't care about). I really want that stuff. I really want the quilted leather, not cheesy 70's fake suede. THAT is the problem.
yeah thats a little odd. but you are seeing that in more and more of the higher end "luxury" "sport" models across most manufacturers. Its a recent trend that hopefully goes away. Its supposed to give the car more of a sporty feel while still be a luxurious

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You are not alone. I’ve only been a member of this site a few weeks and must have read about 25 complaints about the suede.
…..oh, wait. 23 of those were from you. 😝
No kidding. All he f’ing talks about is the “fake suede”.

First off...it is not fake suede. It’s microfiber. It’s better than suede. It looks great...feels great...cleans up great...it is found in a ton of high end sport vehicles. Reason being...holds you in your seat without sliding when doing some spirited driving. Hence the name “Sport”.

Genesis uses Dinamica...not Alcantara. Both Italian companies.

So move on and stop bitching about it.

Last edited:

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
yeah thats a little odd. but you are seeing that in more and more of the higher end "luxury" "sport" models across most manufacturers. Its a recent trend that hopefully goes away. Its supposed to give the car more of a sporty feel while still be a luxurious
Yeah someone said the Jaguar F-Pace SVR had it too - went and checked and sure enough, there it is. The Jaguar interior was very red - just about everything you could see was red - it was ...different.

Hey, a question I posted on another thread that hasn't seemed to get many comments/thoughts - does anyone know if ALL the sports trims get the "Sports+" mode? If they do, does anyone know if the exhaust system has the valve that opens for a little more power and "noise" - I believe the G70 has that...

ryan_g

Hasn't posted much yet...
Culver City, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No kidding. All he f’ing talks about is the “fake suede”.

First off...it is not fake suede. It’s microfiber. It’s better than suede. It looks great...feels great...cleans up great...it is found in a ton of high end sport vehicles. Reason being...holds you in your seat without sliding when doing some spirited driving. Hence the name “Sport”.

Genesis uses Dinamica...not Alcantara. Both Italian companies.

So move on and stop bitching about it.

Hi, I'm another person who is very disappointed by the use of suede in the top trim level. Except for Genesis on the GV70, there are 0 brands outside of the exotic space that use Alcantra/Dinamica as a premium seat material over quilted leather. Those that do offer it also tend to offer full leather as an upgrade. Quilted Nappa leather is generally considered to be a far more premium material, and if I'm paying $65k+ for a vehicle then I shouldn't not be able to get something that is available on a lower trim level. Additionally, the leather is virtually guaranteed to age better, not to mention how much more attractive the quilting looks versus plain black suede. Offer the suede as an option, sure, but people should not be forced into it. If you're worried about the leather not keeping you in place, tighten your bolsters and you should be set.

At the end of the day, the true purpose of the GV70 is to be a luxury vehicle and that's why 95% of people are buying it. This is hardly a sports car. The lack of full leather options on the top trim level is a completely valid complaint and, in my opinion, quite the oversight on Genesis NA's part. Hoping they rectify it for the next model year.

ryan_g

Hasn't posted much yet...
Culver City, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah someone said the Jaguar F-Pace SVR had it too - went and checked and sure enough, there it is. The Jaguar interior was very red - just about everything you could see was red - it was ...different.

Hey, a question I posted on another thread that hasn't seemed to get many comments/thoughts - does anyone know if ALL the sports trims get the "Sports+" mode? If they do, does anyone know if the exhaust system has the valve that opens for a little more power and "noise" - I believe the G70 has that...
Believe I read somewhere recently that it does not have the active exhaust, but not completely sure on that.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Lexus LC500 does have microfiber seats as part of its performance package upgrade, and I dislike that fact. I have a bad preconception of it on seats because it's the manufacturer cheaping out on the consumer vs good leather and because there are nightmare stories of it wearing badly on steering wheels.

I did a bit more research on it just now, and it seems it holds up really well on seats, and it's just bad for steering wheels since hand oils can break it down when not cleaned. With that info and the benefit of grip, temperature, and decent softness... I guess I'm neutral on it. Paying extra to lose leather is a downside though.

Bargamon

Genesis Model Year
Tissuegv70
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would think the select model at 45k being the volume leader to where many comps should be made. What does that price buy me at Audi, Merc or Bmw? Forum obsessed as we are not typical shopper.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would think the select model at 45k being the volume leader to where many comps should be made. What does that price buy me at Audi, Merc or Bmw? Forum obsessed as we are not typical shopper.
gets you the base q5 and the base x3 xdrive

Bargamon

Genesis Model Year
Tissuegv70
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
gets you the base q5 and the base x3 xdrive
And there is the value proposition that drives volume and profits. If the car performs well I could care less about elevated experience at dealer. If it breaks frequent that’s another story.

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I did notice that my local BMW dealer has X3 M40i's loaded up with pretty much everything the GV70 3.5T Prestige has, for right around the 62.5K mark. Maybe I will go drive one of them and see what they're like.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ make sure you add a 3-year service plan to the price...since the GV70 does have that.

Also...the GV70 has a 5 year warranty. I know Audi does 4 years. Not sure about BMW.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...what do folks think about this little find ?

Go to the following Window Sticker link below.

Under the Sport Prestige Listing...note this...

Nappa Leather Seating Surfaces w/ Suede Insert​
Vanilla Beige retains Nappa w/ Sport Pattern Quilting

I know this particular car is red interior...but all the Sport Prestige window stickers have that same statement.

What the heck does that mean? Dose beige omit the microfiber inserts ?!?!?!?!

Looks like the...
- Black interior has black seats with black microfiber and grey/white piping
- Blue interior has blue seats with blue microfiber and red piping
- Red interior has black seats with black microfiber and red piping
- Beige interior has beige seats with no microfiber (yet to be proven) and ?? colored piping.

So...for all of those folks that hate it...get the beige interior on the Sport Prestige !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM !!!

Update: I used the search tool to try to find a Prestige Sport with Beige interior. Cannot find any. I just picked West Coast zip codes, etc. I want to find one and see how the window sticker reads.

Last edited:

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ odd, but that's how i read it too. vanilla beige sticks with the quilted nappa, no suede or mesh inserts. that linked window sticker is for a red interior, so presumably they get the 'suede' or whatever it is.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Yeah...but find any Prestige Sport...all the Window Stickers state the same thing. Need to find a Prestige Sport with beige interior to see how the sticker looks like. I am on a mission...LOL.

Etex

Registered Member
Beige quilt option has been on the configuator since it was updated. Beige does not apply to matte white, red, silver or matte gray exterior colors.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ not sure what you are referring to. If my post...please reread...I am referring to the microfiber inserts for the Sport Prestige.

Etex

Registered Member
Thought you were surprised by the beige quilted option, since suede insert was the original option (default).

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners