• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

? using the Nav Unit, instead of my android phone ?

SoCalG90Lvr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Hi All,

I have a 2017 G90, that I bought used last fall

love the ride, not so thrilled with the nav unit

I don't use it the G90 for destination, I use my android phone, which is less than safe, and safe is a main reason I now have a G90.

How do you all pros use the G90 nav unit for daily varied destination entry?

!!! Thanks in Advance !!!

SoCalG90Lvr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
OK, should have read in the posts.

I now see that button on the rear view mirror is the best

and I just tried it

and it works nice

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I just press the goggle button on the mirror. tell it what you are looking for and it finds it every time, for me
so far. Works while driving or setting still, If you like a touch screen just press the dial, touch again on
free text search and you have a touch screen for entry, But that only works while parked.
using the voice input on the steering wheel sucks, but the destination button on the mirror uses goggle and works like a charm.
(second button in from the left).
Much safer than the phone. Took me a little getting used to but I now like it better than the phone apps

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How do you all pros use the G90 nav unit for daily varied destination entry?

!!! Thanks in Advance !!!
In addition to the button, you can also use the "send to car" feature on either the phone app or at the www.mygeneseis.com web site. I find that handy when planning a trip or searching for something.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Riley2323

Been here awhile...
Connecticut
I second all of the above. And I would add that the G90 had the best Nav unit I have ever used, and I have used a ton with all the rental cars.

Pro rental car tip, if the car you are renting uses an SD card for the built in Nav unit, the rental car companies store the owner’s manuals in the spare tire compartment usually, and the SD card is in with the owner’s manual.