Vacuum leak?

JBroadwell

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When my 2018 G80 sits for three or more days the brake pedal is rock hard. I called the dealership who told me that this is normal and should not be worried about. I'm not so sure, thinking there may be a slow leak in the vacuum tank or a line. Thoughts?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When my 2018 G80 sits for three or more days the brake pedal is rock hard. I called the dealership who told me that this is normal and should not be worried about. I'm not so sure, thinking there may be a slow leak in the vacuum tank or a line. Thoughts?
Sounds about normal. Mine never sat that long, but I'd had other cars that would do the same in a day or two. Never had a problem. The vacuum systems are sealed, but this is not what you find on space shots. If it happened after an hour or two I'd get it checked.

BillN

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The hard brake pedal happened to me after having the lower lip on the front of the car fixed and repainted at a Hyundai dealer body shop. I had my original Genesis dealer check it out and they said ¼" to ½" of brake travel is considered normal, even though this problem just started only after the body shop repair. After 3 or 4 weeks, everything returned to normal on it's own. Apparently the car's system adjusted and corrected the problem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.