Valet Service - Canada

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
booked my 1st service the other day, was supposed to be at 9:30am today. Dad called at 10:03 and said no one had shown up. I called the dealer and told the guy already left and should be on his way. at 10:08, the guy showed up. i will ask my dad later today about his experience with the rest of the valet service. will let you guys know when i have time tonight if you are interested.

overall, not very impressed with the 1st experience.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So, the driver who probably did not know your area was 38 minutes late. Yeah, the full report may be interesting.
Actually dealer and my home are in the same city, 15 minutes driving tops. No highway, all city

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
booked my 1st service the other day, was supposed to be at 9:30am today. Dad called at 10:03 and said no one had shown up. I called the dealer and told the guy already left and should be on his way. at 10:08, the guy showed up. i will ask my dad later today about his experience with the rest of the valet service. will let you guys know when i have time tonight if you are interested.

overall, not very impressed with the 1st experience.
What dealership/agency are you working with?

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
communication could have been a bit sharper, for sure. this wouldn't ease my concerns about tossing my keys to a lot guy to commute back to the dealer.

i'm undecided on whether or not i'll be taking Genesis up on the Valet service. given the infrequency of scheduled services i'll probably just drive in myself. gives me a chance to ask a few questions, talk to the tech, etc. then i don't need to fret about a guy hamfisting my car around...particularly being a 6MT which is more subject to user abuse. the dealer/agent i bought from only had 1 guy who could drive manual. i'll be using a different dealer for service.

OP - i'm curious to hear the follow up once the service is complete. please share how the rest of the transaction went. any coffee stains, muddy boots or greasy fingerprints?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Alright, so continue from post #1:

Guy arrived, dropped off a Santa Fe as a loaner, (not the newest model). We didn't need it anyway, we had another car so did not end up using it. A bit less than 2 hrs later, I got a phone call saying service was completed and they wanted to see if anyone is home to return the car. I was expecting they would drop off another genesis as a loner. (Dealer wasn't a stand alone genesis dealer)

When I later returned home, I could see the car and was washed (it was filthy after days of raining), but the wash job was very mediocre. And I wasn't sure if they vacuumed the inside. It was still raining so it didn't matter much at the end, but still that was disappointing considering they want to be a luxury brand. My 2 other Lexus were washed better by the dealer.

Overall, it was kinda disappointing considering it is supposed to be "luxury". The good parts about the experience was that they could fit me in within a less than a week and that I could potentially the real advantage of the valet service when I'm really busy and no one at home.

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The dealer was openroad Hyundai I'm Richmond BC. They own many different brands, include openroad Lexus which services my Lexus.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Guy arrived, dropped off a Santa Fe as a loaner, (not the newest model). We didn't need it anyway, we had another car so did not end up using it. A bit less than 2 hrs later, I got a phone call saying service was completed and they wanted to see if anyone is home to return the car. I was expecting they would drop off another genesis as a loner. (Dealer wasn't a stand alone genesis dealer)

When I later returned home, I could see the car and was washed (it was filthy after days of raining), but the wash job was very mediocre. And I wasn't sure if they vacuumed the inside. It was still raining so it didn't matter much at the end, but still that was disappointing considering they want to be a luxury brand. My 2 other Lexus were washed better by the dealer.

Overall, it was kinda disappointing considering it is supposed to be "luxury". The good parts about the experience was that they could fit me in within a less than a week and that I could potentially the real advantage of the valet service when I'm really busy and no one at home.
Where are you located?

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So as 1st ssevice, they changed oil, filter, and to my surprise the Air filter. Don't know if it was engine or cabin Air filter. Also the usual visual inspections like fluid level, brake...etc.

The charge for valet on the bill was $163.2 lol. The actual service itself would've been around $220 plus tax. But of course these were all complementary.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

^ thanks for the follow up. disappointing about the Santa Fe, even if you didn't use it. the promotions all say it'll be a Genesis loaner. i know Richmond has limited units in stock, but still. that was the promise so they ought to honor it.

for many years now i have explicitly declined a dealer wash with any of my services. i am always disappointed with the result, and have had too many instances of marring and poor workmanship. not worth the headache when i can do my own proper wash in 30 mins - which is therapeutic after a week behind the desk. plus, their methods can strip off sealant or wax protection and leave unsightly water spots, etc. i'll be sure to decline the wash with the free Genesis services as well.

i do take them up on a interior vacuum, but that's about it. the lot jockeys can't do too much damage with a vacuum, can they?

OP - curious what mileage or duration you are at? was it 6 months or kms that triggered your service?

also, what portion of the $220 was for just the oil change? i may do that after 6 months out of a habit. rumor is of a 12-month interval unless kms trigger a service before that.

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Could it have been a good wash job at the dealer and looked mediocre by the time he drove in the rain back to your house?

I just came back from a new dealer and they did a nice wash job, but, 10 miles later it does not look as good. They did a nice cleanup inside though. Not just vacuum, but wiped down dash and consul.
unfortunately that wasn't the case, i knew it was raining so i didn't expect the car to be clean clean anyway, was really pointing out how not good the job was done. see the photos below, the photo about the rear bumper, before the wash my car was all dirty, the entire bumper was dirty like the big grey dust area. after the wash, you could see how it wasn't cleaned and how they also left that grey area un-touched. the rain/splash on the way home from the dealer woudln't do that. IMG_20190124_085758.jpgIMG_20190124_085829.jpg

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ thanks for the follow up. disappointing about the Santa Fe, even if you didn't use it. the promotions all say it'll be a Genesis loaner. i know Richmond has limited units in stock, but still. that was the promise so they ought to honor it.

for many years now i have explicitly declined a dealer wash with any of my services. i am always disappointed with the result, and have had too many instances of marring and poor workmanship. not worth the headache when i can do my own proper wash in 30 mins - which is therapeutic after a week behind the desk. plus, their methods can strip off sealant or wax protection and leave unsightly water spots, etc. i'll be sure to decline the wash with the free Genesis services as well.

i do take them up on a interior vacuum, but that's about it. the lot jockeys can't do too much damage with a vacuum, can they?

OP - curious what mileage or duration you are at? was it 6 months or kms that triggered your service?

also, what portion of the $220 was for just the oil change? i may do that after 6 months out of a habit. rumor is of a 12-month interval unless kms trigger a service before that.
i am passed my 6 months, maybe 7 or 8 months now? milage was about 9300km, i called to booked thinking that by the time they give me an appt, the odo would be closer to 10k. when i called, the guy stated they go by the mileage, not the months to determine when the car needs its 1st appt.

i have to check the invoice later to see what part was for just the change. the $220ish include other small things i mentioned in my earlier thread. the total would've been $220+$160 for valet =$380 LOL.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
unfortunately that wasn't the case, i knew it was raining so i didn't expect the car to be clean clean anyway, was really pointing out how not good the job was done. see the photos below, the photo about the rear bumper, before the wash my car was all dirty, the entire bumper was dirty like the big grey dust area. after the wash, you could see how it wasn't cleaned and how they also left that grey area un-touched. the rain/splash on the way home from the dealer woudln't do that. View attachment 17724View attachment 17725
Looks like they took it through a touchless car wash!

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
unfortunately that wasn't the case, i knew it was raining so i didn't expect the car to be clean clean anyway, was really pointing out how not good the job was done. see the photos below, the photo about the rear bumper, before the wash my car was all dirty, the entire bumper was dirty like the big grey dust area. after the wash, you could see how it wasn't cleaned and how they also left that grey area un-touched. the rain/splash on the way home from the dealer woudln't do that. View attachment 17724View attachment 17725
Boo to this wash job! I mean don’t we all know to look there as car owners? All it would have taken them is a couple extra minutes with a few rags

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.