Video: underneath the G70

soundman414

Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I found this video, not in english (sorry), but it gives a really good look at the undercarriage of the G70 with underbody panels removed and wheel wheel covers removed. If anything, it's an interesting look at what most people won't see.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I found this video, not in english (sorry), but it gives a really good look at the undercarriage of the G70 with underbody panels removed and wheel wheel covers removed. If anything, it's an interesting look at what most people won't see.

Nice find, thanks for that! Looks like he sprayed on some sort of repellent on it. Also interesting to see one of the joint seals having too big if a gap so that even the sealant didn't quite cover it.

I wonder if we'll see some aftermarket aluminum control arms for the rear suspension, hopefully some spherical bearing bushings too!

Last edited:

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I watched the rest of Savage's review. Not really sure the guy knows what he's talking about. Seems all over the place. Constantly comparing to the G80 for some reason. Quite silly.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I watched the rest of Savage's review. Not really sure the guy knows what he's talking about. Seems all over the place. Constantly comparing to the G80 for some reason. Quite silly.
He seems to think it is based on the G80 platform!

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

wtgw888

Registered Member
Interesting that the rear wheel well liners have what looks like white soundproofing on them, but the fronts don't, or it's black colored. If the fronts are a thin layer of plastic (you can tap on it with something hard) that could be a good place to cheaply and easily reduce road noise.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.