VIN Clear - Issues getting it processed?

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I received an email yesterday that the VIN Clear was processed. Still can't add it to myHyundai. I called in and was told that in can take up to 24 hours to clear in the systems before I can add it. Well, OK.

24 hours later no dice.

This was after learning that the website submission form is broken and doesn't work.

I just want to sign up for BlueLink. Why is this so hard?Anyone else run into these issues?

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Called back twice this morning and they were able to do another vin clear and reset and now I have the car added to my account. Now to wait another 24 hours for the full service activation to complete.

Huey P. Freeman

Seattle
Genesis Model Type
What number did you call. I am having the same issue.
I called them and emailed them the proof of purchase documents after they established a case number. Did this Thursday and it cleared yesterday morning. I just called the number from the contact us link at the MyHyundai website.

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
Similar for me. The online form was/is broken. Called the BlueLink number, they established a case number and I emailed them all my proof of purchase/ID documentation (bill of sale, temp registration, driver's license). It was cleared the next day and I was able to signup for BlueLink.

JWPIII

Genesis Model Type
One would think that if the preowned Genesis was being purchased through a Hyundai / Genesis dealer (especially for CPO) that the dealership would handle the VIN Clear and new account setup as part of the sales and delivery process for the vehicle. At the very least, the dealer who receives the preowned vehicle for resale should notify BlueLink that the vehicle is no longer in service. What I also found interesting is that the 3 month trial period starts on the day you take delivery of the vehicle and not the date that the new account is live and active, so depending on how long you have to wait to get the VIN cleared you are losing trial period days. It never ceases to amaze me at how the little inconveniences affect your experience and how little effort it would take on the manufacturer and dealerships part to significantly improve it.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
thank you . Sent mail to - consumeraffairs@hmausa.com . Hope it works.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Got the vehicle added to myhyundai. I see the genesis in myhyundai app . However when i click Service Activate in the car it keeps failing .
Still stuck at the Blue Link Service Activation Failed message .

I hit the reset button couple of times aswell on the system (the small reset dent near the DISP button next to CD Player slot .
Its not helping.

Anyone has any idea on how to get Bluelink activated.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Have the case filed with Hyundai on the bluelink not working since last Monday . Its been all week - and they have not been able to get back . I am wondering if i have to take the car to Hyundai Service Station to get it checked up .

If the bluelink registration does not work , will i need to get head unit changed ?

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Over one week and several calls to Hyundai bluelink [855-2-BlueLink (855-225-8354)] , they are still working on the case .

Bluelink is still not activating on my car . Its sooooo bad that they cannot fix the issue even after a week - and they do not have a escalation mechanism.

msnodgr

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Same issue here.
I bought my 2014 used a few weeks ago and it seems like the website isn't very helpful.
When I clicked on contact us, it just sends me back to the homepage.
I emailed Hyundai directly.

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Same issue here.
I bought my 2014 used a few weeks ago and it seems like the website isn't very helpful.
When I clicked on contact us, it just sends me back to the homepage.
I emailed Hyundai directly.
I had to call in 3-4 times to finally get it processed. The analyst I spoke to said the web form is broken and not to use it.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Have you got your bluelink activated and working ? I had to call many times just to clear the vin so that i can register the vehicle in MyHyundai . After that several calls and raised 2 tickets to get bluelink activated - but still not working.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.