Voice command - how do u use it?

geetee

Registered Member
it's not recognizing anything i say?? LOL i can't call anyone with voice commands..

what other verbal commands does the car recognize?

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
thx so much for such an insightful post $hithead

I'm not one to defend Mark, will probably never happen again. But...

He couldn't be more correct: read the ****ing manual. I realize that as a current/former Mercedes and BMW owner you probably couldn't be bothered, but this comes with the territory of being a Hyundai owner. To get the value of paying $thousands less requires a LITTLE work on your end. There may not be enough pictures for you, but still...

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Read the Nav/dis manual -voice commands are throughout the sections. pages 240 to 245 will get you started. The the manauls for cars like this are very detailed. the manual for my E500 is also several hunderd pages and the voice commands for it and the Genny are not the same. So study the manual.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Is your system just not responding to any commands or is it calling the wrong people in your address book?

If the correct command words are not used then the system will not understand and will not respond correctly. Also after learning the correct command words located in the manual a command must be clearly spoken.

pilotdane

Registered Member
North Carolina
Do you know if the nav system manual is online anywhere? I've checked the owner section of the Hyundai website and they only have the main car manual. I bought my car as a dealer demo and it did not have the nav manual. A few lonely road trips with light traffic have allowed me to figure out much of it but it would be nice to learn the finer points.

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
Do you know if the nav system manual is online anywhere? I've checked the owner section of the Hyundai website and they only have the main car manual. I bought my car as a dealer demo and it did not have the nav manual. A few lonely road trips with light traffic have allowed me to figure out much of it but it would be nice to learn the finer points.

Check HMASERVICE. Com
Registration is free.
Pretty sure it's there.

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
You can also ask her for help by asking her for help. Also ask her for most important commands and she will list them out on the DIS.

pilotdane

Registered Member
North Carolina
I created an account and it appears as though only the operators manual is available for the 2011 year but I have the 2009 DIS manual downloading. Thank you for the heads-up.

upsbroke

Registered Member
Kansas
The nav system has been a pain for me too. I went to check for a separate manual for nav/dis and don't find one in my '12 w/premium. Did everyone else with '12's get the manual?

upsbroke

Registered Member
Kansas
Can't seem to get on the HMS service web site. Maybe it's my Apple computer- but is there an actual manual for voice command with the navigation system? All I have is the main owner's manual.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Can't seem to get on the HMS service web site. Maybe it's my Apple computer- but is there an actual manual for voice command with the navigation system? All I have is the main owner's manual.

There is a separate NAV/DIS manual about the same size as the owner's manual. Most cars that have a DIS and navigation have two manuals. My Mercedes also has two and so did our Acura. Also you should have a maintenance booklet. If you did not get all the manuals, tell your dealer to give them to you. You paid for them to come with the car.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Yes, there's a problem with the registration page running on Mac OS browsers - the usage agreement link doesn't work. If you can find a Windows computer running a recent version of Internet Explorer, that should let you register. After that the HMA service site works fine in Safari on a Mac.

pilotdane

Registered Member
North Carolina
If you are having trouble creating an account on the HMS website you must get the terms and conditions window to open and click "accept" before you can proceed. I was only able to get the page to load with Internet Explorer. Google Chrome for example only popped-up a blank window.

Once you create your account it never lets you choose a password. I had to use the "forgot your password?" feature to get the system to E-mail the password they generated. Not the best setup in the world...

Once in the website select "Detail Search" at the top of the page. For model select "Genesis (BH)", year select "2009", check the box next to "OM" and type the word "manual" into the search box and then click the search button. Then click on " 2009 Genesis (BH) - DIS Driver Information System Manual" and a window should pop-up downloading the manual.

If you cannot get it to work feel free to shoot me a private message with your E-mail address and I will try and send you the file.

pilotdane

Registered Member
North Carolina
Last night I read just enough to be dangerous. On my drive into work this morning I pressed the voice command button and said "begin navigation" and I got "AM five hundred eighty". Crap! Apparently at least "XM" is a proper voice command because it worked. Now that I'm home and re-read I see that I should have said "start route guidance". So much to learn... such a small brain.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Here are a Few commands , only speak the words shown Remember the mic is in the ceiling above your forehead.

Press button and say:

Radio

A M 700

F M 104.5

Navigation

USB

Audio

Map

XM

Suspend Navigation

Help

Phone