• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

VRTUNED V2

2022 gen g70

Genesis Model Year
Alice2015
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone purchased the VRtuned V2 tuning box? I'm curious what maps everyone is running on. I'm on map 7 and I'm impressed how much gain you get but transmission hates it

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Transmission hates it how?

2022 gen g70

Genesis Model Year
Alice2015
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Transmission hates it how?
Won't shift on it's own unless in drive won't automatically shift using the paddle shifters. Also transmission clicking sound it it shifts 2nd third. At idle there is a vibration under the carat stops around 1500 RPM it's feels like it's slip between shifts. Only 4800 Miles on it idk what I broke

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Won't shift on it's own unless in drive won't automatically shift using the paddle shifters. Also transmission clicking sound it it shifts 2nd third. At idle there is a vibration under the carat stops around 1500 RPM it's feels like it's slip between shifts. Only 4800 Miles on it idk what I broke

Is that with the VR tuned plugged in or stock as well?

2022 gen g70

Genesis Model Year
Alice2015
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is that with the VR tuned plugged in or stock as well?
VRTUNED was removed after it started acting fun. Well tonight was the night blown motor and transmission. Never buying a Genesis G70 again. It made it 4,957 miles before everything seized up

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah.... G70 engine and transmission are pretty rock solid. So either the VRtuned wasn't meant for the 2022 model or this thread is a troll. You would be the first person ever to have blown both. So, I call "didn't happen".

slimjim2525

Registered Member
Yeah.... G70 engine and transmission are pretty rock solid. So either the VRtuned wasn't meant for the 2022 model or this thread is a troll. You would be the first person ever to have blown both. So, I call "didn't happen".
This. Total BS.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are several stinger/g70 owners the push serious HP and track, hard drive, abuse their car without any issues. You are the first to do so with that awsome VRtune.

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
hahahahahahahaha good. maybe a lesson will be learned here but I doubt it. So much info out there on reliable tuners for the G70, along with how to safely tune anyone who does this deserves it