• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Waited for 2 years but finally got her (2015 Genesis)

joe77

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello everyone,

After finishing grad school in a large city where I did not need a car, I bought a 6-year old 2008 Mazda 3S to commute to my job located in the burbs to save money. The mazda 3 was peppy and handled great without any mechanical issues, but the ride was harsh, there were rattles everywhere, and the sound insulation was pretty bad. My wife could not understand why I bought it, but to me this was the best econo-sedan for the price.
I think this experience helped shape my needs for my next car, and my days of dreaming about evos/m3/rs4's started to take a backseat. The styling of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis (now Genesis G80) caught my attention, and after reading countless reviews of this car, I was sold the moment it was released in 2014. Due to the depreciation, I decided to wait a couple years until I could snag an off-lease CPO. Lo and behold, after waiting for 3 years and saving money, I finally bought a CPO AWD 3.8 with the signature package.
I haven't been able to sleep well lately due to how much I look forward to driving it. The power definitely feels more than double the mazda3's, and the ride quality is out of this world. Granted this sub prefers the sporty cars, and this car would definitely not be considered a sports sedan, but it handles sufficiently well and looks great. Luxurious, quiet, stuffed with tech, sufficient power, and comfortable. Android auto is also pretty neat.

Thanks!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

joe77

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello everyone,

After finishing grad school in a large city where I did not need a car, I bought a 6-year old 2008 Mazda 3S to commute to my job located in the burbs to save money. The mazda 3 was peppy and handled great without any mechanical issues, but the ride was harsh, there were rattles everywhere, and the sound insulation was pretty bad. My wife could not understand why I bought it, but to me this was the best econo-sedan for the price.
I think this experience helped shape my needs for my next car, and my days of dreaming about evos/m3/rs4's started to take a backseat. The styling of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis (now Genesis G80) caught my attention, and after reading countless reviews of this car, I was sold the moment it was released in 2014. Due to the depreciation, I decided to wait a couple years until I could snag an off-lease CPO. Lo and behold, after waiting for 3 years and saving money, I finally bought a CPO AWD 3.8 with the signature package. http://tradevenue.se/
I haven't been able to sleep well lately due to how much I look forward to driving it. The power definitely feels more than double the mazda3's, and the ride quality is out of this world. Granted this sub prefers the sporty cars, and this car would definitely not be considered a sports sedan, but it handles sufficiently well and looks great. Luxurious, quiet, stuffed with tech, sufficient power, and comfortable. Android auto is also pretty neat.

Thanks!
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums