• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Want to buy 2016 Equus Signature and have one in mind. It is a 46,000 miles rebuilt title car.

zippak

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I have never bought a Rebuilt Title car before and it was a rear bumper accident. I have made arrangements with the Hyundai dealer to go over this car and look for structure damage. It has 46,000 miles and is a Signature it it checks out what would be a good price to pay for it and does anyone have any suggestions. I noticed that the dash near the opening in the middle of the dash is pulling up. I asked the owner about it and he said the heat does that damage. I read on this site that this is a common problem. Any suggestions can help. Blk with beige colors. Thanks

zippak

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Can you please explain electronic issues down the road. I have a s550 and everything is in the trunk is Equus the same situation?

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unless you track down the body shop that did all of the work, I wouldn’t touch it, personally. Get all of the records. There are far too many scams going on with rebuilt title cars, especially ones that promise only minor accidents. Usually, in the case of minor accidents, there is no reason for the title to be reclassified. Rebuilts are often insurance company purchases.

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
All depends on how much damage and who did the repair work. To do a proper inspection you'd need to pull the trunk carpet and bumper cover. Items back there include blind spot detectors, parking assist sensors, trunk antenna, mufflers, lots of wiring, modules inside the fenders. Hit hard enough and it could move suspension points. A thorough inspection up on a lift is a must.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums