Warning: Don’t do the Recall Service on G70 and G80 NAVI SW UPD (19-01-44G,19-01-45G)

James Walters

SUPPORTING MEMBER
San Diego, CA
Genesis G70
Last edited:

James Walters

SUPPORTING MEMBER
San Diego, CA
Genesis G70

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis G90
FWIW, we've done a bunch of them without issue.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis G80 Sport

Carguy55

G70 Design Edition in Clinton Township, MI
Clinton Township, Michigan
Genesis G70
I got my update SD about a month ago, but haven't had an opportunity to load it yet (no long trips). I think I'll hold off until there's a resolution of this potential issue...
Enjoy,
Carguy55

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis G70
I see ZERO recalls on my G70 when I go to the Owners.Genesis site also...

If it's just the map/infotainment it's pretty hard to screw up...

MikeFL

Genesis G80
I had a routine service Monday 01/06/2020. I was unaware of the "recall" After waiting considerably longer than usual I asked about the car and was told there was a "recall" on the Nav.
While I can at a glance see some new "features" I'm unaware of an actual change list to learn what's new.
Since the update, my radio screen no longer switches to maps at the normal 10 second time. It stays on the XM screen. I've tried changing it to anything else, but the results are the same. It does nothing. A small enough feature, true, but one I enjoyed and want back.
Is the reference number (19-01-44G) a date? i.e. January'19, if so why was it just installed?
IMG_4851.jpeg

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis G70
To be helpful to all involved present and future:

Everyone please go here and register. You can check the versions, look at new features, and if you have a "Genesis" Genesis can get the updates for free on your own time....MnSoft | Hyundai & Kia Map Update
Thanks - never knew about this before. Have now registered and will be checking out map version. Much appreciated MrM

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums