• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Water Pump Leak

flashnc

Hasn't posted much yet...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Have a 2010 Coupe 3.8 Track. Noticed that heat wasn’t working right, checked and was low on coolant. Filled coolant and that seemed to fix the problem for a day or two then it came back and noticed coolant was low again. Did a pressure test and could observe coolant leaking from what appears to be a metal line that enters the water pump. Friend said this could be an A/C line. So should I be looking to replace the A/C line or the water pump. I have included a picture - though it’s tough to see what your looking at.

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Jkon

Registered Member
Livonia MI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Ok here is a pic of the other end of the hose - so its a heater hose?
My limited shade tree mechanic 2 cents and I agree with Kraigs post....the H on the plastic cap would suggest to me that it is the HIGH pressure side of the AC system.. my 2002 Acura TL AC system was set up that way....but your comment about adding coolant with a temporary fix...has me scratchin my head..I have just never heard of engine coolant and AC refrigerant ever coming in contact with each other...could that leak that you see be coming from somewhere else that is not easily seen and just appears at this connection leading you to think it is at this connection??..I would think its a coolant leak issue some where...with "where" being the operative word

flashnc

Hasn't posted much yet...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Ok, redid the pressure test and sure enough found a leak coming from under the upper radiator hose. It was leaking down onto the High pressure discharge line. I pulled the hose because I couldn’t see the actual leak. Inspecting hose and found what could possibly have been a weak spot that could have leaked. After I removed the hose I saw this hole which is threaded, so I’m assuming something should be there, does anyone know if that’s just a bolt hole and/or if the leak could be coming from the hole

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums