We Brought the Korean version of Full LED HID lights

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
I would think the BCM and other electronics might be different so that they are not plug and play - especially as the marketing tout that he beam pattern adjusts to different conditions?

So do they actually work?

jimmygez1961

Registered Member
i have 3 questions are they plug and play if not how did u get them to work and were did u get them because i like to buy them my self thank you

Uchiha madara

Registered Member
its plug and play normally and they are strong lights exactly like what is in Mercedes S class

the only problem is the side view light the its on when you trun the steering is not working maybe it need the lights computer to be changed with korean version

and its really white blue light unlike the original one we have its close to be yellow

Uchiha madara

Registered Member
the prices from korea to Saudi Arabia totally is 7900 SAR that means 2100 $

its kind expensive but it deserve it and that is Genuine part

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Buyer beware. This is NOT plug-and-play.

Nikgen

Been here awhile...
actually it is plug and play with our and your cars

the korean version genesis that it comes with 4 xenon lights need some modification on it

but our version in Saudi Arabia and yours only plug and play
I highly doubt it's "plug an play" - the 2015/2016 KDM HID dual projector setup was not. At the very least,the second headlight needed separate power run to it and there were still issues with signal routing for the DRL's (as Aquineas found out).

Can you post pics/videos to show how you wired and that the headlights are working (high beams too)?

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
actually it is plug and play with our and your cars

the korean version genesis that it comes with 4 xenon lights need some modification on it

but our version in Saudi Arabia and yours only plug and play
Well maybe the KDM lights are different now (they do look different around the headlamps), or they're different on the G80. Here are the KDM lights on my car, which I also paid $2100 for in February, 2015

See this thread for the discussion.

Short summary, I used the adapter that came with the lights, and I (and at least two others who bought these) still get a flashing amber light instead of a daytime running lamp when the lights are set to "auto" in the daytime. My choices are to manually switch the lights to accessory mode or to drive with the DRLs off (which is what I do). I spent at least $300 in labor fees (with a Hyundai Master Tech) trying to (unsuccessfully) get this resolved. I'm stuck with it for the next 4 1/2 years

Uchiha madara

Registered Member
I highly doubt it's "plug an play" - the 2015/2016 KDM HID dual projector setup was not. At the very least,the second headlight needed separate power run to it and there were still issues with signal routing for the DRL's (as Aquineas found out).

Can you post pics/videos to show how you wired and that the headlights are working (high beams too)?
in the dual projector version you need 2 wires in the Full LED you need only 1

the same wire that we have right now

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
i will post the videos and wiring pics
Thanks Uchiha. It's certainly possible you found a solution or that your lights or BCM (body control module) are different, and if so, that would be awesome! Please note that I too had to have a separate wire run for the high-beams.

To fully verify the solution, can you please verify the behavior of the lights when they're set to "auto" in the daytime? Put the lights on auto (showing the daytime running lights), put the car into gear, move forward a little bit, then put the car back into park. On mine, the amber flickering didn't display immediately.

Schindawg (the guy in the other thread) thought he didn't have amber flickering either (but he did).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.