What’s with all the new “used” red ones I’m seeing for sale everywhere?

chekraze

No Genesis Yet!
I’ve probably seen 10 Havana Red fully loaded G70s for sale around the $40,000 mark and they have delivery miles (under 75 miles) yet they’re classified as used. Has anyone bought one of these or can tell me what the deal is? Seems like a great deal. Thank you

chekraze

No Genesis Yet!
Oh, The dealers tell me they were promotional vehicles for Super Bowl (Hyundai was one of the main sponsors). What is best way to have paint evaluated before buying?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Oh, The dealers tell me they were promotional vehicles for Super Bowl (Hyundai was one of the main sponsors). What is best way to have paint evaluated before buying?
Genesis did provide vehicles for the super bowl, but Havana Red ones had some mismatched color shades on some body panels. All you had to do was take a good look and you could see it. But who knows maybe some of them are from the super bowl promotions. If it turns are that they were repainted, I’m sure there’s some way to tell like overspray. And if so, drop the dealer that lied about the true issue

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

warped38

Hasn't posted much yet...
I just purchased one...Dynamic Edition, under 100 miles on the clock. Paint is fine, no color matching issues. Got the remainder of all Connected Services and warranty. Didn't get Valet Service...wouldn't use it anyways.
Paid $41K for a car that listed for close to $52K.

So far so good.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
I just purchased one...Dynamic Edition, under 100 miles on the clock. Paint is fine, no color matching issues. Got the remainder of all Connected Services and warranty. Didn't get Valet Service...wouldn't use it anyways.
Paid $41K for a car that listed for close to $52K.

So far so good.
What’s the build date?

UGAd13

Thank you guys for the info. I’m in the market for a used G70 and although I’d rather not have another red car the deal may be too good to pass up. I’ve seen a few Dynamic editions posted recently that I may have to visit in person.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Did anyone see many g70 commercials during the game? I think I saw 1 for the GV80? Can't remember, i was heavily drinking.

But i did finally see a red G70 ad during a basketball game.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
Middletown NY
Genesis G70
Thank you guys for the info. I’m in the market for a used G70 and although I’d rather not have another red car the deal may be too good to pass up. I’ve seen a few Dynamic editions posted recently that I may have to visit in person.
:rolleyes:
That's funny I felt the same about black cars.

Genesis G80
GM used to sell "program" cars that were used for promotions, golf tournaments and the like. Some had very few miles, other had a couple hundred but all were a good deal.

Does anyone know if the red ones were repainted in the US or back to the factory? Would also be good if you could find out the dates of manufacture of the early ones too.

true story. I remember when the Crosby golf tourney would come through Winston-Salem some yrars back they would sell them with the signatures of the majors players and the rest were good deals.

fonzo888

Genesis G70
So I just noticed on close inspection mine probably repainted. A small paint drip on lower rear bumper. I also noticed that the dark chrome trim has fade marks in some spots. Build date is 5/18. What recourse do I have? Any advice is appreciated.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

fonzo888

Genesis G70
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess you're right. I DID get a great deal, and I can only see the defect on close inspection. Just that I didn't know it was painted until I found out on this forum was a bit of a surprise.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums