What’s your Custom Drive Mode setting?

rbres

Getting familiar with the group...
ca
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I apologize if this has already been addressed but I only show engine and steering available for custom drive mode in my ‘19 G70 3.3 RWD - is the suspension option available only in the sport model?

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think I know what the settings more or less mean for AWD, but how is it that sport has more rear wheel bias and comfort less? At least I think that's what occurs. I mean, is it the idea that one might experience more slippage in sport than in comfort? Actually, I'm not sure what the settings are for each of the settings, so I am speculating. I hope this isn't hijacking the thread.:sorry:

Revvster_G70

Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think I know what the settings more or less mean for AWD, but how is it that sport has more rear wheel bias and comfort less? At least I think that's what occurs. I mean, is it the idea that one might experience more slippage in sport than in comfort? Actually, I'm not sure what the settings are for each of the settings, so I am speculating. I hope this isn't hijacking the thread.:sorry:
From what i have read and felt

Awd -
sport - 20% power to front and 80
Comfort - 50% front and 50% rear
Eco - 80% Front and 20% rear

a car feels more sporty, and fun to drive if it is rear wheel biased- many sports cars are RWD.
So the AWD having the perks of AWD, still feels like a RWD biased car which makes the car really fun to drive and sporty.

unofficially sport +traction off + stability control off is also called as the “Drift mode” - atleast that is what they said in A Kia stinger review!

i drive in a lot of snow. In sport mode, the rear steps out on acceleration. In comfort, the car feels like a 4x4 accelerating.
Did that answer your question?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I apologize if this has already been addressed but I only show engine and steering available for custom drive mode in my ‘19 G70 3.3 RWD - is the suspension option available only in the sport model?

Correct. Only the sport models have the electronic suspension

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
From what i have read and felt

Awd -
sport - 20% power to front and 80
Comfort - 50% front and 50% rear
Eco - 80% Front and 20% rear

a car feels more sporty, and fun to drive if it is rear wheel biased- many sports cars are RWD.
So the AWD having the perks of AWD, still feels like a RWD biased car which makes the car really fun to drive and sporty.

unofficially sport +traction off + stability control off is also called as the “Drift mode” - atleast that is what they said in A Kia stinger review!

i drive in a lot of snow. In sport mode, the rear steps out on acceleration. In comfort, the car feels like a 4x4 accelerating.
Did that answer your question?
Kind of.. I'm not sure why 50/50 is comfort and eco is 80/20 though. I get the drift issue and snow issue... no debate there. I just haven't read that rear wheel is more eco than front wheel.. I may even recall that RWD is MORE economical. I could see Comfort since that should likely give one the best all around traction.
No debate, just curious as to how/why Genesis chose to label them as they did.

Thanks for the response. I thought that was the splits but wasn't sure.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I sometimes set the custom mode to match one of the other drive modes, as I like the associated purple tech background that comes up in the gauge cluster. Wish comfort mode had a little snazzier background.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I sometimes set the custom mode to match one of the other drive modes, as I like the associated purple tech background that comes up in the gauge cluster. Wish comfort mode had a little snazzier background.

Would be nice to be able to change the colors associated with each, huh? I like the purple too, but not enough for me to go as far as messing with the settings

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would be nice to be able to change the colors associated with each, huh? I like the purple too, but not enough for me to go as far as messing with the settings
Yep- I remember when the mustang redesign happened like 15-20 years ago, one of the new features was you could change the backlight color of your gauge clusters. Simple lighting but we were drooling over it at the time.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums