What brand tires you have?

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
Pirelli P-Zero AllSeason Plus are high on Consumer Reports list of tested high performance all season tires. I've had them on for about 20,00 km. I did have a balancing problem with one of them which Pirelli finally agreed to replace after initially denying a warranty claim. They are quiet and smooth riding.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis G80 Sport
Pirelli P-Zero AllSeason Plus are high on Consumer Reports list of tested high performance all season tires. I've had them on for about 20,00 km. I did have a balancing problem with one of them which Pirelli finally agreed to replace after initially denying a warranty claim. They are quiet and smooth riding.
Excellent choice. They were on my short list. Many of the spy photos show P-Zeros on the next gen G80.

QuikZ06

Registered Member
Genesis G80
Have blown 2 continentals on my G80 5.0. One I hit a pothole pretty hard, the second one was another pothole, but it was at a crazy slow speed and the thing instantly went flat. I was so pissed, was about a mile from home so I drove on it completely flat, at that point I didn’t care. Car has 16k miles on it so when these wear out I’ll most likely switch to Michelin PS4’s. Have those on my 700 hp Vette and love them.

chadpounder

Hasn't posted much yet...
Having Lexani LX-twenty installed as we speak on my G80 Sport AWD. I was looking for a reason not to buy them, but everything I've read is positive. The fact that a set of 4 is the same cost as one of the 275/35/19 Crapinentals is reason enough to try out. Will report back...

chadpounder

500 miles in and I have zero complaints about the Lexani's. Slightly noisier than the Continentals (2 decibels per my measurement at around 65 mph) but great handling. Cannot comment on wet conditions yet as I live in the Sonoran Desert. As of now, there is no way I would pay top dollar for Continental or any other 'name' brand. Lexani has come a long way.

ThoughtfulOne

Ontario, Canada
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have a 2015 5.0 Genesis HTRAC - so right now I have:

1. All 245 40 r19 Michelin X Ice 3 in the winter
2. Right now I have the dual set up for the Continental Pro Contact TX (the stock tires), but I'm planning to get something else when they go bad - leaning towards the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS, as it is a performance tire, can be used in all season (in case of a sudden snowfall before I get my winters on), and it is reasonably quiet.

I've had a blowout with the stock tires and frankly, as soon as they wear out, I cannot wait to get rid of them.

Dave G

Genesis G80 Sport
I bought my G80 Sport in January '18. While the OEM Continentals were fine around town, I found them to be very squirrely at interstate speeds or when quickly changing direction. After listening to all the complaints about the Continentals on the forum, I decided they had to go even though they only had 3000 miles on them and I had not experienced any blowout problems. I did extensive research and decided that Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+3's were a clear winner. I've had them 18 months and I am super glad I made the change. They are not quite as smooth or quiet around town in normal city driving ( i.e. a 2 mile drive to the supermarket) but there is a huge improvement in handling, grip and confidence if you drive the car for it's intended purpose, a luxury, sporty touring machine.

e.han

I run Continental Sports Contact 6 (Front - 245/40R19 / Rear - 275/35R19) for close to 25k miles. Pretty pleased with them.

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
On my 3.8, I just completed a trip to Florida from Toronto on my new Goodyear Exhilarates, Consumer Reports' top rated high performance all-season tire. Very happy with them. Although they are not quite as quiet as the Pirelli P-Zero's I was previously running, they are much smoother and track and handle beautifully. We'll have to see how they hold up in the long run, but so far, so good.

dmoore7654

I got rid of the OEM Continentals on my 2018 G80 Sport after 3000 miles & one puncture. While they were fine around town, at highway speeds they were squirrely and left me with serious doubts that I could depend on them when I needed to. I swapped them for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. I am delighted that my new Michelins will do exactly what I want them to, when I want them to do it!

MorrisGray

Rock Spring, GA
We bought a 2012 Genesis new that came with some noisy and not so good for comfort/traction tires (brand?) that we tolerated for the first 40k miles plus, and replaced them with the Michelin Primacys.
... they definitely are quite and provide a much more comfortable ride.

je2345

Registered Member
Got the Continental DWS06 All Seasons and love them. Smooth and so far so good in this mild Michigan winter. Haven’t tried them with Snow mode.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis G80 Sport
Got the Continental DWS06 All Seasons and love them. Smooth and so far so good in this mild Michigan winter. Haven’t tried them with Snow mode.
This is what my dealer is recommending. If you don't mind me asking how long have you had them?

mgg

je2345

Registered Member
This is what my dealer is recommending. If you don't mind me asking how long have you had them?

mgg
Got them about 2 weeks ago. Do great in the snow and overall quiet and smooth. Happy with my purchase! Told Discount Tire Belle tire give me them for $738 so they installed all 4 for $713.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis G80 Sport
As a follow up I did get the Continental DWS. The dealer quoted me $768. But only charged me $716 when I had them installed so I was pleased with that. We will see how they do. I do not think they are as quiet as the originals but seam to ride about the same.

mgg

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
My 2015 5.0 originally came with Hankooks (I don't remember the model) that were replaced by Hyundai due to flat-spotting with the current OEM tire, Continental ProContact TX. I experienced several blowouts and damaged sidewalls over potholes with the ProContact TX. Reading reviews, it seems that several other drivers have had similar problems with this model of tire.

I replaced these with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06, and I love them. They have good traction in the wet and dry (never used them on snow), and they don't have problems with sidewall blowouts. Ride quality is good: They're a little firmer than the ProContact TX, but not harsh, and seem close to the original Hankooks.

andyw715

Registered Member
Genesis G80
My 2015 5.0 originally came with Hankooks (I don't remember the model) that were replaced by Hyundai due to flat-spotting with the current OEM tire, Continental ProContact TX. I experienced several blowouts and damaged sidewalls over potholes with the ProContact TX. Reading reviews, it seems that several other drivers have had similar problems with this model of tire.

I replaced these with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06, and I love them. They have good traction in the wet and dry (never used them on snow), and they don't have problems with sidewall blowouts. Ride quality is good: They're a little firmer than the ProContact TX, but not harsh, and seem close to the original Hankooks.
How are they with road noise? I still haven't replaced the crappy off brand that are on mine (from the stealer). Figured I should put my stimulus money into the economy.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
I haven't really noticed excessive road noise with them. I didn't notice the road noise with the previous tires either, so it's hard to make a comparison, but if I didn't notice it then I doubt it's too loud.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums