What did you do with your DH today?

ldp82

I think I might need better tires with a better grip now....oops! I said that? ;)
Let me know how you like the 4s. I will be needing to replace the Pilot super sports on my GT350 soon and was looking at the 4s. I just wish it came in a 305/35/19 as the 30's will lower the car ~.5" and I already scrape.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yea, its one helluva rabbit hole to go down. Ask me how I know lol. You should monitor pre IC and after IC IAT temps to see if the intercooler is still doing good, how much more pressure did it bump it up to?
It's not like am gonna race it from every stop sigh or light, lol just wanted to feel the torque, while passing some slow pokes in left lane, that's all. I think 4-5psi more, bumping to 18 psi.

Let me know how you like the 4s. I will be needing to replace the Pilot super sports on my GT350 soon and was looking at the 4s. I just wish it came in a 305/35/19 as the 30's will lower the car ~.5" and I already scrape.
I was going to get PSS's but they wouldn't guarantee to get them for me before Saturday, so I said get me PS4S.

The new shoes goes on on Saturday.....I'll let you know if I like em or not, lol

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Today I changed out both of my turn signal bulbs since the passenger side was burned out. I used some darker colored amber 2357 N/A bulbs as replacements. The old 2357 A bulbs were more of a light amber/yellow color.

The job was a bit more involved than a normal signal bulb change because I had to remove both of my air boxes to have proper access to the turn signal bulbs. Not especially hard, but a bit more time consuming than I am used to compared to other cars I changed turn signal bulbs on in the past.

However, I do like the look of the darker amber bulbs better than the light amber. The dark amber bulbs give my Genesis more of a European look when the DRL are on.

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The pedals look great! How long did the swap take? I'm seeing the OEM brake and accelerator pedal set for $59.99 on Amazon. Trying to decide if I want to do that, the illuminated door sills, or the fog lights first.

I did pull the trigger on a new rear plate frame and a G80 badge.

IMG_6274.jpeg

dcrob95

Genesis Model Type
The pedals look great! How long did the swap take? I'm seeing the OEM brake and accelerator pedal set for $59.99 on Amazon. Trying to decide if I want to do that, the illuminated door sills, or the fog lights first.

I did pull the trigger on a new rear plate frame and a G80 badge.

View attachment 16123
I paid about $53 on eBay, OEM, shipped from Korea. They were delivered very quickly. As far as the install, it's super easy. The brake pedal just basically clips on after you remove the original rubber piece. The accelerator is just two 10mm bolts to remove then disconnect the connector, plug into the new pedal and put your two bolts back.

kocyk123

Hasn't posted much yet...
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type

bigdaveinomaha

Registered Member
Replaced my trunk wing the other day. I screwed it up though. When I initially put on the wing it was very slightly off center to the right. I had to pry it back off and when I did I put a huge scratch in my trunk, one day after I bought it. I was so mad at myself! I bought a touch up pen and polished it. You can still see it up close, but if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't see it. My car also came without floor mats so I bought weather tech all seasons (I'm in the snow belt, Cleveland, so worth it). I also had the interior fully detailed as my car was a smokers car I think. Detail worked very well as there's zero remnants of a smoke odor. I'd love to do the fogs but I'm not technically inclined with wiring AT ALL so that may not happen.

Attachments

Dream951

Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Looks gorgeous. How did you make the eyebrows brighter? Also, do you use custom switch for DRL's or they are automatic?
Thanks!

I followed this thread to get the brighter eyebrows: (#easy) You want a LED DRL on your US Genesis? Read on.

And as for the the DRL’s and fogs, I have the fogs hard wired to the ignition and I use the DRL’s in manual mode by having the switch set to the parking light mode on the stalk to get the appearance I wanted.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Getting her ready for snowy days.... OEM wheels/all season tires back on and since I live next town, I stopped by the factory store of the WeatherTech in Bolingbrook.

Attachments

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Those look great. I'm still trying decide between WeatherTechs and TuxMats.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.