What did you do with your DH today?

Vwo05

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looks like its not an acronym but a series name. Gen 1 = BH series and Gen 2 = DH series. Thanks carguy75 for giving me enough info to figure this out.

Do the Genesis G80 models still count as Gen 2, DH series?

AcemanX

Genesis Model Type
New owner of a AWD 2015 with Tech package here, got dual JL Audio W3v3s with a 600/xd amp installed in the trunk by Car Toys today and I'm pretty happy with it, they were able to keep the existing lexicon speaker system intact, and the combination is really incredible.. they tried a single W6 in a sealed box but they said the build quality on the trunk was so good it kept canceling out the waves once the trunk lid was closed, when they tried the 2x 12s in a ported box it was a world of a difference... they also did a great job of installing the subwoofer knob making it look like stock...I will post pictures in the daytime

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Looks like its not an acronym but a series name. Gen 1 = BH series and Gen 2 = DH series. Thanks carguy75 for giving me enough info to figure this out.

Do the Genesis G80 models still count as Gen 2, DH series?
Yes, the DH covers the models from 2015 to the current year G80. The only thing changed are minor tweaks and that the Hyundai Genesis became the new brand named Genesis G80 in 2017.

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
Yes, the DH covers the models from 2015 to the current year G80. The only thing changed are minor tweaks and that the Hyundai Genesis became the new brand named Genesis G80 in 2017.
Unfortunately Hyundai have ditched a European version of the G80 [ or the G90 and G70 ], as usual the Germans
will command the mass market luxury saloon market in the UK and Europe.

dfyffe

Altanta
Just add a Kicker 43CXA3001 300W Class D Mono Amplifier to the OEM sub woofer, what a difference, now the bass sound like a real 17 speaker system.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Unfortunately Hyundai have ditched a European version of the G80 [ or the G90 and G70 ], as usual the Germans
will command the mass market luxury saloon market in the UK and Europe.
I can understand why. I like the Genesis, but it does not have the same presence as a similarly priced BMW,Mercedes, or Audi.

In America the Genesis brand is a bargain luxury make because most luxury cars are imported with a higher price tag, but in Europe the same luxury cars can be obtained cheaper with diesel engines which reduce some of the Genesis marketing appeal. Yes, the Genesis is still cheaper than a Mercedes E-class, but not like in America. Plus, the Europeans has many other cheaper luxury type options like Opel and VW that are just as nice as the Genesis models.

Scottish Guy

Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
Well, that's a matter of debate whether anything in Opel or VWs current range can match
a Genesis for luxury, prestige or size.

Both the VW Aerton and the Opel Insignia are mid-sized sedans and even their top models lack
the safety and driver convenience features the base G80 model has.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Well, that's a matter of debate whether anything in Opel or VWs current range can match
a Genesis for luxury, prestige or size.

Both the VW Aerton and the Opel Insignia are mid-sized sedans and even their top models lack
the safety and driver convenience features the base G80 model has.
Do not get me wrong. The Genesis is still a grade A luxury car for it price. However, many European models with similar features has diesel engines and brand reputation that Hyundai does not have. However, I do not live in Europe so I do not know how they feel about imports from Korea.

I actually like the VW Arteon.:) It do not auto braking, but it seems to have most of the other safety features that my Genesis has.
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/arteon/explore

Last edited:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Today I had to use my Genesis to chase down a hit-and-run driver who bumped into my car while turning into a exit lane. The other drive drifted into my lane and bumped my Genesis and then sped off instead of pulling over.

I easily caught up with the other car and called 911 and gave the dispatcher the license plate of the hit-and-run car. My insurance treated the incident as a uninsured motor claim with a zero deductible since I made police report, so I just have to drop my Genesis off at a body shop my insurance company recommended. Rental is also included for no cost. So I will see how it goes. I have USAA, very good company with little hassle.

The damage is minimal except for a small dent on my fender and some scrapes on my driver wheel and bumper area.

The funny thing is that the driver could not lose my car no matter how hard he/she tried. I just walked the car down easily no matter where it went while I was on the phone with 911. The car was a late model Ford Fusion. 2015-2017 model. I let it go when the 911 dispatcher told me to pull over and wait for a cop to step in.

I hate dumb-azz drivers.:( Probably did not have any insurance hence why he/she ran away.

Very small dent on fender and some paint scraped on the wheel face. Well, hopefully my wheel gets repaired or replaced since it had some curb damage anyway.

Last edited:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Today I traded my very worn Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ all season tires for some new Falken Azenis FK510 summer performance tires. The Falken actually handle better overall than the A/S 3+ plus tires due to being summer tire which is better than all season tires in the rain and on dry roads. However, in winter conditions the all-season tires are the better option for ice and snow traction. I have an full-size AWD SUV for use on a bad winter day so I really do not need an all-season tire for the Genesis. So I just went with a great performing summer tire that is reasonably priced with a decent tread rating.

The Falken Azenis tested fairly well by Tire Rack.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=235

Even on this cold day the FK510 tires was very grippy on the road and braked well. Summer performance tires loses performance in the winter due to the tire compound being too stiff, the same goes for performance all season tires as well. All season tires just have specially designed thread blocks to grip the ice/snow better.
I will give more feedback on how the tires hold up over time.

Front and rear tires. Please excuse my dirty wheels, plus they have soap/grease left over from the tire mounting as well. I guess you get no wheel detailing when it is 30F outside.:)

Last edited:

Scottish Guy

Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
No kerb damage to the alloys, congrats, we like careful drivers, mind you kerbside parking is not as
common in the US as in the UK.

Have you got any evidence of surface flaking, bubbling or rust on the alloys ?

Pac

Genesis Model Type
So, this happened yesterday...

So I figured it was time for this today...

So I did this...

and this...

Compared some things...

Noticed that unlike my Volvo, this Mahle cup has little holes around the edge...

You can actually see where the Redline hasn't soaked in yet...

Easy clean up and only fiddy cents each...

Did it using these... (lighter for scale, standard kit length 3/8" and a "long" 1/2")

Threw some Showtime on the hood and she's quieter and happy!

What happened? Couldn’t tell from odometer photo.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.