What do you LOVE MOST or DISLIKE MOST about YOUR Genesis G90?

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
This discussion is intended for people who drive the G90 on a daily basis. Please share your thoughts.

jkgenny

Hasn't posted much yet...
I bought a '21 Ultimate a few weeks ago and love the big touch screen and "self-driving" cruise control, but hate that the rear seats still does not support headphones. A person can only take so much Spongebob on road trips.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I bought a '21 Ultimate a few weeks ago and love the big touch screen and "self-driving" cruise control, but hate that the rear seats still does not support headphones. A person can only take so much Spongebob on road trips.
I can understand that. The solution may be to do what our kids had to do, look out the window.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
We had "460" air conditioning in our '69 station wagon. (That's four windows open at 60 mph...)

The kids have it too easy today.
Ahem... 4 windows open at 60 mph = 240, not 460. You keep that up and I will have to come back there..................

BruceR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
my two annoying items have both occurred since the last update. I can no longer "order" my XM stations--they are only in sequential order, and cannot be altered. And, I the "change radio station" dial no longer changes the radio station. Instead, it enlarges/reduces the map size. (I know...go figure). This is an example of a engineer somewhere not leaving well enough alone.

Trixie86

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
my two annoying items have both occurred since the last update. I can no longer "order" my XM stations--they are only in sequential order, and cannot be altered. And, I the "change radio station" dial no longer changes the radio station. Instead, it enlarges/reduces the map size. (I know...go figure). This is an example of a engineer somewhere not leaving well enough alone.
Same with 20 G80

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
So far the best solution I've found is to use the voice command, "Tune to (station name) e.g. NPR Now". You can start playing Sirius XM by saying, "Tune to Sirius XM" and you're supposed to be able to add the station name as part of that command. What I've found is that it will start Sirius playing at the last station you were on. If you want to change it, then use the first command above. Hope that helps.

BruceR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
So far the best solution I've found is to use the voice command, "Tune to (station name) e.g. NPR Now". You can start playing Sirius XM by saying, "Tune to Sirius XM" and you're supposed to be able to add the station name as part of that command. What I've found is that it will start Sirius playing at the last station you were on. If you want to change it, then use the first command above. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I like to scroll through the stations, however. The car did that when I first got it (2020 G90 ultimate). Then, some engineer with too much time decided not to leave well enough alone. so now when you use the change station dial, it enlarges the map. Perhaps the next step is that you will step on the brake to accelerate the car.

Trixie86

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks. I like to scroll through the stations, however. The car did that when I first got it (2020 G90 ultimate). Then, some engineer with too much time decided not to leave well enough alone. so now when you use the change station dial, it enlarges the map. Perhaps the next step is that you will step on the brake to accelerate the car.
Too much college, not enough high skool!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Are you referring to the jog dial by the shift lever or the dial on the radio itself?

BruceR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Are you referring to the jog dial by the shift lever or the dial on the radio itself?
the dial on the radio itself. the jog dial has always enlarged/decreased the map size. Why they decided to make the dial on the radio itself do that as well is nuts. someone there just isn't thinking. That's why I said next step is to step on the brake in order to accelerate. Geez...it seems simple to me--the dial on the radio that changes the station ought to change the station.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Use the steering wheel button to scroll. I've never touched the volume or tuning knob on my radio.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I prefer the knobs on the radio
Your choice of course, but the problem continues unless an update changes it. .

BruceR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Your choice of course, but the problem continues unless an update changes it. .
yes, but what irks me is that it's a self-inflicted problem by Genesis. Why change up a good thing?

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On my car, I can program what the knob does - change stations or scroll the map. I recall seeing that choice, anyway. But 1) I have the base G80, and 2) I have updated the software since seeing that feature.

BruceR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
On my car, I can program what the knob does - change stations or scroll the map. I recall seeing that choice, anyway. But 1) I have the base G80, and 2) I have updated the software since seeing that feature.
how do you program it?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums