What features do you feel are missing

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
page 3-93 of the 2018 G80 Manual is the instruction on how to turn it on/off:

• Wiper/Lights Display To activate or deactivate the Wiper/ Light mode.
When activated, the LCD display shows the selected Wiper/Light mode whenever you change the mode.
It seems to me that this just turns on or off the DISPLAY of the mode that the wipers or lights are in. It doesn’t say anything about changing how they function.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
page 3-93 of the 2018 G80 Manual is the instruction on how to turn it on/off:

• Wiper/Lights Display To activate or deactivate the Wiper/ Light mode.
When activated, the LCD display shows the selected Wiper/Light mode whenever you change the mode.
Must be a later edition, not in mine. I wonder if this was a late change. Mine had a 7/17 build date.

Attachments

waveman

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It seems to me that this just turns on or off the DISPLAY of the mode that the wipers or lights are in. It doesn’t say anything about changing how they function.
I played around with this before I went to work today to to make sure that this feature exists on the 2017 G90.

I verified that the settings only determine whether changes in light or wiper settings are displayed. However, the lights do turn on automatically after four swipes of the wipers if the light switch is in the AUTO position. It doesn’t work in the OFF position. I think that this is a useful feature, and I wasn’t aware of it before. Another example of the usefulness of this forum.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
the lights do turn on automatically after four swipes of the wipers if the light switch is in the AUTO position
Waveman, that is good to know since I have the same model and year. I usually keep my wipers and lights on Auto. I can’t say I have seen it happen but I will try to pay more attention in the future. Unfortunately it won’t be raining again here until November.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Waveman, that is good to know since I have the same model and year. I usually keep my wipers and lights on Auto. I can’t say I have seen it happen but I will try to pay more attention in the future. Unfortunately it won’t be raining again here until November.
If you really want to see it in action and don't want to run the wipers on a dry windshield, you could use a hose to simulate rain. :)

I'm curious about your keeping your wipers on Auto, though. I rarely use that because I find that it's not very reliable, especially in very light rain. I'd prefer a true, non-automatic interval setting because the current system tends to either swipe the wipers too much or too little. The sensitivity control doesn't seem to do much.

I also tend not to keep my lights on Auto, at least not when I'm at home, because I don't want to have them turn on before I pull out of the garage every time. I may be wrong about this, but I think that fewer on-off cycles is better.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm curious about your keeping your wipers on Auto, though. I rarely use that because I find that it's not very reliable, especially in very light rain. I'd prefer a true, non-automatic interval setting because the current system tends to either swipe the wipers too much or too little. The sensitivity control doesn't seem to do much.

I also tend not to keep my lights on Auto, at least not when I'm at home, because I don't want to have them turn on before I pull out of the garage every time. I may be wrong about this, but I think that fewer on-off cycles is better.
Took a few rains to get the adjustment the way I want it, but now it is great. I like the fact that it will change the pace if rain gets heavier of if spray from a passing vehicle suddenly hits.

As for the lights, you are probably correct but I'm willing to take my chances and use the Auto feature. I've not replaced a headlight in many years so I've not had any negative impact. Handy though, when you pull into a parking garage or long underpass. One reason I buy premium cars is to get those features.

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
If you really want to see it in action and don't want to run the wipers on a dry windshield, you could use a hose to simulate rain. :)

I haven't used my wipers yet. Surprised to hear that wiper interval settings do not negate automatic variation. I usually prefer manual modes for everything i.e. HVAC, lights, wipers etc.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I haven't used my wipers yet. Surprised to hear that wiper interval settings do not negate automatic variation. I usually prefer manual modes for everything i.e. HVAC, lights, wipers etc.
The interval setting adjusts the automatic variation to suit your preference. It will adjust with your speed and rain intensity.

As for the HVAC, it is powerful enough to get the job done. I set the thermostat the day I bought the car and don't recall having to adjust anything from -5 to +100. My wife had turned her side up a couple of times. Even the defroster goes on when needed.

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
The interval setting adjusts the automatic variation to suit your preference. It will adjust with your speed and rain intensity.

As for the HVAC, it is powerful enough to get the job done. I set the thermostat the day I bought the car and don't recall having to adjust anything from -5 to +100. My wife had turned her side up a couple of times. Even the defroster goes on when needed.
I guess you could call that wiper operation "semi manual", or "manual with automatic adjustment".

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Took a few rains to get the adjustment the way I want it, but now it is great. I like the fact that it will change the pace if rain gets heavier of if spray from a passing vehicle suddenly hits.

As for the lights, you are probably correct but I'm willing to take my chances and use the Auto feature. I've not replaced a headlight in many years so I've not had any negative impact. Handy though, when you pull into a parking garage or long underpass. One reason I buy premium cars is to get those features.
Manual says wiper sensor is at top of windshield a gives a warning about wax on the sensor. I use rainX. Hope that doesn't dull the sensor. If I can find the sensor I will avoid it.

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Here is a G90 feature that needs work.
The automatic trunk opener. It's nice on the rare occasion that it is needed but I will keep it turned off because too often it opens when I don't want it to open i.e. when I am walking by it in the driveway. A touch button or footkick style would be better.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Bluetooth headset for the DVD player. So I can listen to music while kids listen to the DVD.
A button to turn off distance sensor that stops the auto braking distance completely. ( Just like the parking sensor while in traffiic or at a red light ) so I can coast without having to put the car in netural.
Front parking sensor display to turn on automatically when driving speeds go to less then 1 mile per hour.
A rear and front seat passenger door opener located in the driving console so I don't have to get out and open the car door for the person who can't figure out how to pull on a door handle and push the door open at the same time.
Electric smart glass for tinting that can be turned off at night for better vision and then get rid of the shades completely.
Move the battery to front of the car so it can be checked for a jump start without having to remove all your junk in the trunk and putting that stuff on roadway. Trust me the ground will be soaking wet when that day happens.
A separate battery just for opening the car doors. So if the car battery is dead you can still use your key FOB and wait in the car until service arrives.
Adjustable Air Shocks

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Bluetooth headset for the DVD player. So I can listen to music while kids listen to the DVD.
Of course you realize than is illegal for the driver in just about every state.

You can jump start from the front, of course.

The electronic tinting windows would be a nice feature.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
A button to turn off distance sensor that stops the auto braking distance completely. ( Just like the parking sensor while in traffiic or at a red light ) so I can coast without having to put the car in netural.
Front parking sensor display to turn on automatically when driving speeds go to less then 1 mile per hour.
A rear and front seat passenger door opener located in the driving console so I don't have to get out and open the car door for the person who can't figure out how to pull on a door handle and push the door open at the same time.
Electric smart glass for tinting that can be turned off at night for better vision and then get rid of the shades completely.
Move the battery to front of the car so it can be checked for a jump start without having to remove all your junk in the trunk and putting that stuff on roadway. Trust me the ground will be soaking wet when that day happens.
A separate battery just for opening the car doors. So if the car battery is dead you can still use your key FOB and wait in the car until service arrives.
Adjustable Air Shocks
Wow, Big list
A button to turn off distance sensor that stops the auto braking distance completely. ( Just like the parking sensor while in traffiic or at a red light ) so I can coast without having to put the car in netural. I coast all the time withou turning anything off, not sure why you can’t, but if you want you can turn off the automatic emergency brake. But you have to be going fairly fast and pretty close for that to kick in.

A rear and front seat passenger door opener located in the driving console so I don't have to get out and open the car door for the person who can't figure out how to pull on a door handle and push the door open at the same time. I have found the master unlock on the drivers side does this. If you set the setting to auto unlock all doors that “might’ do the trick also unless your passenger beats you to it.

Move the battery to front of the car so it can be checked for a jump start without having to remove all your junk in the trunk and putting that stuff on roadway. Trust me the ground will be soaking wet when that day happens. jumper terminals are in the engine compartment. No need to go into the trunk.

A separate battery just for opening the car doors. So if the car battery is dead you can still use your key FOB and wait in the car until service arrives. You can use the the mechanical key that is part of your fob to unlock the door if the battery is dead.

Hope these help

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Here is a G90 feature that needs work.
The automatic trunk opener. It's nice on the rare occasion that it is needed but I will keep it turned off because too often it opens when I don't want it to open i.e. when I am walking by it in the driveway. A touch button or footkick style would be better.
There is a touch button but the idea is to not need to use your hands when holding a package. You can disable the auto trunk in the setting and just use the touch button on the lid. If you plan ahead, when you pick up the package put the fob in your hand so you can press the button as you approach the car. I've done that with other cars when I thought about it soon enough.

Ford uses the foot thing. I have arthritis in the knees and I'm not going to do a dance on one foot with my arms full.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
There is a touch button but the idea is to not need to use your hands when holding a package. You can disable the auto trunk in the setting and just use the touch button on the lid. If you plan ahead, when you pick up the package put the fob in your hand so you can press the button as you approach the car. I've done that with other cars when I thought about it soon enough.

Ford uses the foot thing. I have arthritis in the knees and I'm not going to do a dance on one foot with my arms full.
Ditto about the button. Also remember that it doesn’t work if your car is unlocked (I know though a lot of folks leave their car in their driveway and lock them) and you have 5 beeps to clear the back of the car before it opens.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.