What G90 feature do you love?

SoCalG90Lvr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
OK,

I just learned of the nav button on the mirror. !!! NICE !!!

My most favorite features on my 2017 G90 are

the variable cruise control

The door closing assist

The comfy seat

The ability to keep a tiny thumb drive filled with 13,000 tunes in the usb drive (phone area), and have my music instantly playing.

So.... I just learned of the Nav button on the mirror.

What other daily use features are you all pros using that I am missing out an?

!!! Thanks in advance !!!

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I like to turn off the NAV screen because it is more relaxing which complements the smooth quiet ride. When it is off it's black but for the date and time. Only wish it could be the default screen. Need to turn it off each time I start the car.

G-162699

I like to turn off the NAV screen because it is more relaxing which complements the smooth quiet ride. When it is off it's black but for the date and time. Only wish it could be the default screen. Need to turn it off each time I start the car.
Yes! The quiet ride. This is the only car I drive, and I'd forgotten all about how wonderful the quiet ride feature is.

I did one little modification that I'm really happy with. I took everything off the trunk except for the wings. No more G90, no 3.3T. I really enjoy looking at the rear of the vehicle much better now, and the general public seems to be completely mystified as to what the vehicle is.

I haven't had this much fun with a car since I was a teenager

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yes! The quiet ride. This is the only car I drive, and I'd forgotten all about how wonderful the quiet ride feature is.

I did one little modification that I'm really happy with. I took everything off the trunk except for the wings. No more G90, no 3.3T. I really enjoy looking at the rear of the vehicle much better now, and the general public seems to be completely mystified as to what the vehicle is.

Were there holes under the emblems?

AcerOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
No there isnt. I removed everything off the back except for the wings as well. I agree with G-162, its so much better looking without the other badging.

For me, soft close doors, wireless charging and the rear privacy screens are my favorite features. I have zero complaints about the stereo as well. Was very impressed and when I get stuck waiting for the wife, i put on a movie on that crystal clear screen and crank it up!17983

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
No there isnt. I removed everything off the back except for the wings as well. I agree with G-162, its so much better looking without the other badging.

For me, soft close doors, wireless charging and the rear privacy screens are my favorite features. I have zero complaints about the stereo as well. Was very impressed and when I get stuck waiting for the wife, i put on a movie on that crystal clear screen and crank it up!View attachment 17983
So how did you remove them? Are they glued on?

SoCalG90Lvr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

For me, soft close doors, wireless charging and the rear privacy screens are my favorite features. I have zero complaints about the stereo as well. Was very impressed and when I get stuck waiting for the wife, i put on a movie on that crystal clear screen and crank it up!View attachment 17983
Love the no branding clean tail look
(took this pic this morning)

I had the dealer take my branding off.

They did not whine much, so it must have been easy

Never seen another G90 on the road.

Seen some other genesis. test drove a 2018 G80 (less, much less enjoyable)

Movies?

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Looks much nicer like that. Not many on the road so it will keep people guessing.
Even here in Chicago NW suburbs I have only seen a couple G90's on the road and one in the parking lot that parked next to mine. Was I surprised!!
The feature I enjoy most is that I can just pull into my garage, stop, push the ignition button and go in the house.

SoCalG90Lvr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Guessing is secondary. The clean look is primary. When we were teenagers back in the 60s, first thing we did when we got a car was remove the emblems. There were a lot of affordable ways to customize a car back then, such as putting Buick taillight lenses on a 55 Chevy, blacking out parts of a grill or making a bar grill from tubing.
When I was a young tot, I distinctly remember riding with my grandfather in his car. He pointed at a car and quizzed me "what kind of car is that?". I replied "I don't know". He said "when I was young, I knew all the cars".

Since then, I have made it a hobby of visually knowing make/model/year, and knowing associated details/worth/value. The hobby was helped with the ample free time during my 1M+ lifetime driving miles.

Since I've had this G, I've had many instances of young men rubber necking this ride on the road.

I still rubber neck other cars, although less, now that the rubber has stiffened.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
[QUOTE="SoCalG90Lvr]
Never seen another G90 on the road.

Seen some other genesis. test drove a 2018 G80 (less, much less enjoyable)

[/QUOTE]

Where in SoCal? I have seen few in the last 2 years, probably 7, the last was couple of days ago on 91/710 junction black color.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California

The first thing I did when I got the car home was to remove the rear badges. The rear is much cleaner looking and I really did not like the 5.0 "Mustang" badge🖕

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I guess I never understood the fascination with keeping people guessing. To me, they will think about it for 5sec and then forget about it. If the knew the make and model, it seems to me they would be much more captivated. Just my opinion.
I appreciate the mystery appeal. Years ago I was following behind a car and decided I really liked it. It didn't look like anything I had ever seen before. I tried to find out what brand it was but saw no clue from the rear. I pulled ahead of it and studied it in my rear view mirror but still no clue. I concluded it must be a rare brand imported from Europe. The only marking on it was totally new to me. It just said Equus. Many years later I discovered it was from Hyundai. Now I own it's successor the G90 and I like the fact that it is rare.

Paulsr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
People always identify with the winged badges.. when you de-badge the rear, lots of people confuse it for other brands... take it from me lol. Theres no shortage of wings around here...
Which one belongs to your wife?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.